JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rakim Plans To Release New Album This Summer

bigted

http://nahright.com/news/2006/02/08/rakim-...ummer/#comments

As a few people who were in attendence have mentioned, during his January 30th show in NY Rakim announced that he will be releasing a new album this summer. That article also mentions that he stated about his doomed stint on Aftermath that "he would have taken his talent elsewhere" if he could do it all again. It sucks that those two couldn’t bury their egos long enough to finish the project, because who knows what might have been. Let’s just hope some stuff from those studio sessions makes it’s way to the public some day. After reading the comments from people who made the show on the 30th, I have repeatedly kicked and slapped myself for not buying tickets early enough. Luckily for me, they have added another date on February 27th, and I’m so in there it’s not even funny.

FINALLY!! I personally don't care about the Aftermath stuff that much. If Rakim walked away from them cuz of artistic differences, then the music truely wasn't up 2 his level of expectation. He'd work something out 2 put that stuff on his new album if it waz worth it. Besides, Dre's production skills have been ?uestionable 2 me the past few years. He's working with alot of untalented people and his beats are up 2 par. I'd rather hear more Pete Rock or DJ Premier under him than Dre.

Yeah it's been long time, the 18th Letter is coming back!! :yeah: