JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Tyrese To Release A Rap Album

bigted

Tyrese To Release Rap Album

By: Alyssa Rashbaum

December 20, 2005

Perhaps tired of the R&B life, Tyrese has decided to venture into rap territory with a new album, Alter Ego.

The singer/actor, who has released three albums since 1998, will try his hand at rapping with the help of some of hip hop’s finest, including /b> and R. Kelly, according to MTV News. The forthcoming double album will be half rap, half classic Tyrese-style R&B.

"I go in tonight with [Robin 'Lady of Rage' Allen] and Yo-Yo, and I’m with Ice Cube on Monday and Tuesday," he told MTV News. "There’s been some incredible momentum, and I couldn’t have asked, or even prayed, for as much support as I’ve gotten on this transition."

Hmmmm... let's see. A decent singer & model turned horrible actor now wants to rap? That's like Michael Jordan trying his hand at baseball... wait that happened too.

What the hell is Tyrese thinking? This may be worse than Kobe Bryant's attempt at rap. At least Tyrese is using Ice Cube and Yoyo as opposed to Kobe using Tyra Banks.

:thumbdown: :mad: :paperbag: :dontgetit: :eusa_naughty:

Tyrese ain't no Denzel by any means but he's a decent actor, I liked "Baby Boy" and "Four Brothers"...