JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

VP Chief of Staff Libby indicted on 5 counts...

MaxFly

Indicted on 2 counts of perjury, 2 of false statements, 1 of obstruction of justice...

Rove seems to have escaped for now. Though it is reported that he may have made false statements, they were inadvertent and were not done purposefully...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9837835/

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/28/leak.probe/index.html

Rove is still under investigation though...

Although I think a lot of this was a bit of a witchhunt if Libby committed perjury then he should go to jail. I also find it kind of funny that no one is being indicted for "outing" the CIA agent's name. The reason is that just about everyone in Washington knows she is a CIA agent... and she's not even a covert agent.

Although I think a lot of this was a bit of a witchhunt if Libby committed perjury then he should go to jail. I also find it kind of funny that no one is being indicted for "outing" the CIA agent's name. The reason is that just about everyone in Washington knows she is a CIA agent... and she's not even a covert agent.

This actually isn't accurate. Even her neighbors and former college classmates weren't aware that she was a CIA agent. They believed that she was an energy analyst. One of her neighbors was called to testify and later appeared on The Situation with Tucker Carlson and expressed that he was asked whether he knew that she worked for the CIA. He said no, he had no idea, and he and other neighbors believed that she was simply an analyst.

I'm not sure that I would characterize this as a whichhunt... Though we may hear a lot of rhetoric from both sides, a CIA agent's identity was leaked. Whether it was done purposefully or by accident is what is under investigation. Karl Rove is still under investigation, so there is still more information to come. When all is said and done, even if no one is indicted for conspicracy or the violating Identities Act, this all still reflects very negatively on this administration. Though the leak could have been a mistake and no crime committed, it was still highly irresponsible... especially on the part of an administration that prides itself on being firm on national defense.