JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP on Encarta

Luigie

I was readin Microsoft Encarta bout Hip-Hop and I found this...isnt very good 4 JJFP :damnlorettas:

Nevertheless, the massive impact caused in that time by the rap attracted numerous artists that, as MC Hammer (promoter of boxing pesos weighed in its leisure whiles and “spoiled boy” of MTV), Vanilla Ice and Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, in the intent of reconciling commerciality (disco music, mainly) and novelty, they deformed the essence of the movement, until the point that bands like 2 Live Crew, NWA (Niggers With Attitude), Hoist-T and, mainly Public Enemy, suffered a systematic marginación on the part of the means and the specialized critic, besides supporting a long period of involuntary silence during which its works were subjected to censorship in the radio stations and in opinions in the tribunals.

Encyclopedia Microsoft® Encarta® 2003. © 1993-2002 Microsoft Corporation. Reserved all the rights.

That is some bull**** right there, JJFP were pioneers in the game, Encarta has got it all twisted. I don't see any mention of who won the first ever rap grammy, or how they refused to accept it because they weren't recognizing rap in the actual show. I am shocked by that statement, it is completely ridiculous.

yeah i think everybody is agree this is bull****, but at least they have the audio of "The Message" of Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five :wickedwisdom:

That is some bull**** right there, JJFP were pioneers in the game, Encarta has got it all twisted. I don't see any mention of who won the first ever rap grammy, or how they refused to accept it because they weren't recognizing rap in the actual show. I am shocked by that statement, it is completely ridiculous.

:word: ill send some letters if were down for it. that is such bs what they wrote.

:word: I agree that is just bull****. Yeah we should write letters and send 1 letter 2 Chuck D of Public Enemy I know he'll got something 2 say about this. JJFP won the 1 Grammy 4 rap and turn it down cus the refuse 2 broad-cast it on tv. I remember was it Run's House concert with guest JJFP and Public Enemy. They all got along they represented all different sides of HipHop. Now JJFP were never really political and they kinda grew up in a bad neighborhood they chose 2 rap about things that they like, what they went through, and be themselves.