JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The New Danger

Mike

Well in short Black On Both sides is better, The New Danger has more of a rock element to it w/ mos def's band black jack johnson on a lot of the tracks. Some straight hip hop tracks like "Life is Real" but if ya like rock/blues/hip hop its a pretty interesting album to get into. I personally like it a lot, been playin it thru the summer.

I waz very disappointed with Mos Def's most recent album. Infact, i never listen 2 it. I remember really liking about 3 trax...and the rest just aren't that good. There's alot of rock influenced stuff that i don't like on it. I'm about 2 make a Hip-Hop mix CD and i waz gonna put 2 or 3 of those trax i love on the mix since i never listen 2 the album.

The new Danger comes not close to Black on Both sides but i think it is still a great album, very experimental (a lot of black jack johnson)! i would compare it to Common's Electric Circus. Mos Def used Jay-Z's beat of takeover which was produced by Kanye! He kills the hip hop scene on this one!