JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Mase With G-unit

Fresh-Ta-Def

I was gonna stay out of this thread but I couldn't so here I go.

(Gets up and stands on soap box. LOL)

I'm very disappointed with Mase.  He is supposed to be a minister and he's going to G-Unit?  Now I have no right to judge him but at the same time he's supposed to be setting an example of how a Christian is supposed to conduct him/herself.  I'm really not seeing how he's supposed to be a minister on one hand but going back to his "Murda Mase" persona on the other.  He's gotta choose - Christ or money.

(Gets off soap box and prays that Mase will make the right choice)

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DATS GOOD

A so-called minister joining the G-Unit, that is absolutely ridiculous. I enjoyed Welcome Back, and expecting more solid albums from him, now he's probably gonna go back to his explicit lyrics, talking about nothing important, if he goes through with this, I will lose a lot of respect for Mase, a lot of respect.

Yeah, i'll lose what respect i did have 4 him. I thought he waz wack when he came out. His sloppy flow, annoying voice, and Bad Boy Records image. However, looking back on alot of his singles, they were kinda fun when it came 2 party pop stuff. I don't think hardly any of his music waz really any good tho.' When he came back with the new style, i respected the steps he made when it came 2 cleaning up his subject matter and not cussing. While i would never call him one of rap's best, i thought he waz finding his way in the music.

If he turns his back on all that, i'll just shake my head in disappointment. On top of that, that whole G-Unit camp has the most meaningless, careless, immature, ignorant music ever made. Not 2 mention no real talent in the crew and weakly PROCESSED beats. His new stuff will be even worse than his early commercial stuff.

A so-called minister joining the G-Unit, that is absolutely ridiculous.  I enjoyed Welcome Back, and expecting more solid albums from him, now he's probably gonna go back to his explicit lyrics, talking about nothing important, if he goes through with this, I will lose a lot of respect for Mase, a lot of respect.

:word: Me too. I hoped he would continue making clean albums like that, but I better not get my hopes up now.

I was gonna stay out of this thread but I couldn't so here I go.

(Gets up and stands on soap box. LOL)

I'm very disappointed with Mase.  He is supposed to be a minister and he's going to G-Unit?  Now I have no right to judge him but at the same time he's supposed to be setting an example of how a Christian is supposed to conduct him/herself.  I'm really not seeing how he's supposed to be a minister on one hand but going back to his "Murda Mase" persona on the other.  He's gotta choose - Christ or money.

(Gets off soap box and prays that Mase will make the right choice)

I too am extremely disappointed in Mase, and quite appalled. I have to agree with everything TopDawg just said... He's supposed to be a Christian... and even more... a minister of the gospel, yet he's going back to his old persona that he himself criticized and distanced himself from while he was a minister. He's supposed to be an example, but now it seems that he will come off like no more than a hypocrite. I hope this is all just a big misunderstanding. I really can't say where his heart is in this, but wow... I'm shocked... I was happy to hear that he came back. I expected a few tracks with Cross Movement, Lacrae, even Kirk Franklin... But G-Unit... If this is all true, I hope he realizes the mistake he is making, and not just in the musical decision, but more importanly, in the spiritual decision that has to accompany it.