JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Biggie, LL, and Big Daddy Kane to be Honored

bigted

"Notorious B.I.G. to Be Honored at VH1 Show

NEW YORK - Both Big Poppa and Big Daddy Kane will get their props from VH1 this year. The late Notorious B.I.G. - also known as Biggie Smalls, also known as Big Poppa - and old-school rapper Kane will be feted at the second annual VH1 Hip Hop Honors on Sept. 22 at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York. The show will air Sept. 26 on VH1.

Other honorees include LL Cool J, Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five, Ice-T, Salt-N-Pepa and the 1991 film "Boyz n the Hood."

"Our first Hip Hop Honors proved to be an incredible success not only for the channel but also within the hip-hop community. It was a long overdue celebration of the genesis and roots of a genre that has permeated world culture," said the show's executive producer, Lee Rolontz, in a statement Tuesday to The Associated Press.

"This year's honorees run the gamut from MCs to trailblazing duos to an iconic motion picture - all of which have had a massive impact on the hip-hop music landscape."

Last year's honorees included the late Tupac Shakur, Public Enemy and rap pioneers Run DMC. "

Yes!! I knew they had another one of these in the works!! The 1st one waz great and i can't wait 2 see what they got in store 4 this one. LL Cool J is my 2nd favorite emcee, so i can't wait 2 see his part. Not 2 mention Big Daddy Kane getting honored. Actually, i'm looking forward 2 pretty much everybody and everything they are gonna honor.