JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

hitch umd movie

sonic1988

People who want to watch movies on the go should get a portable DVD player. The PSP tries to present itself as an all-in-one wonder device, when in reality, the features it's selling are stripped down.

It plays MP3s, but has no hard drive (like an iPod). The result is that you have to pay extra for expensive memory sticks to store MP3s.

It plays movies on Sony's UMD format. Not only is the screen smaller than a portable DVD player's screen, but the battery is ready to go not long after the movie is over. The movies also come at the same price as DVD's without the extra's.

I'm a fan of the Nintendo DS because it does what it sets out to do and it does it well.

God Blessa!

I have both and usually portable dvd players only have 2 or 3 hours on the battery!!!

and the umd movies are about 10 bucks less than a dvd at least here in nyc.

also dvd players are big as hell and if you are on the bus or train that is kinda awkward to carry around, also the aspect ratio is always perfect on the umd movies.

I'm not trying to defend the psp because I HATE playstation and the opnly reason why I buy it is because I haven't missed a system since 1999 and I want to keep that collecting record.

however the DS only has mario going for it and that is OK at best, the 2 screen idea is innovative but not as good as it seems and you can't play regular game boy games on it only GBA games(I still chuckle at the fact that nintendo said they didn't want the DS to be an extension of the gameboy but just look at the bottom of the syatem!!!)

DS is full of originality, where as PSP is just a wonder machine. Thing is novelty mite wear off, i dont think people would feel safe carrying it round the streets as an mp3 player, or want to watch movies on it as a regular thing. So its kinda limited already in sales terms of them things.

Bring back the Snes thats what i say, im glad mine still works

Thats cool, i know your not a spoilt rich kid. If your working then fair play and enjoy your money your making. I love video games to bits but its kinda a 3rd choice for me now behind DVD's and CD's. If i had more cash i'd be in gaming heaven. Still my collection is nothing to be sniffed at.

PC, PS2, GameBoy Advance, Snes, Nes, Atari 2600 Gotta love the classics

Game of Mario Bros 3 anyone? :1-say-yes:

You can still get them off Ebay second hand.

Mines not in the best condition but still works, and im guessing some of the games are worth a fair bit nowadays