JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

F.Y.I

I was thinking about this 4 awhile now to bring you up 2 speed on what's going on in the world of HipHop. Ok let's begin...

The Rza from the Wu Tang Clan is teaming up with Ray Acosta a former VP of Musica Latino and Marketing at UBO for Wu Tang Latino. Wu Tang Latino would be a mix of HipHop & Reggaetone. The lable has already sign 4 artist who all plan top drop their album next year. Ray Acosta wants to have a place for Latino HipHop.

Russell Simmons Lauches Def Jam Mobile. Which is btw available now at www.defjammobile.com Russell Simmons say "It represents the entire hip hop lifestyle including games, film, television, video, comedy, sports, fashion and news" Def Jam Enterprises and AG Interactive have launched Def Jam Mobile, a provider of wireless services for the Hip-Hop consumer.The new channel is available through ten US wireless carriers and includes AllHipHop.com daily news, Reverend Run's Daily Affirmations, Russell Simmons' Hip Hop Laws of Success and Simmons/Lathan's History Makers.

Something you probably have already seen before if you have HBO. P.Diddy is lauching a new show called " P.Diddy presents Bad Boys of Comedy". If your thinking this sounds like somethin you heard of your right. Russell Simmons had a show called Russell Simmons Presents Def Comedy Jam with host Martin Lawrence n DJ Kid Capri back in the early 90's. Anyway the show premires on June 10 at 11pm/10c on Fridays

TLC will have a show coming out on UPN called R U the Girl. Basicly it's kinda like American Idol. The winner will record a new single with the rest of the members of TLC for their new upcoming greatest hits album. The show will premire sometime in July.

Nick Cannon has a show premiring on MTV July 21 called Wild'n Out. It's a HipHop improv comedy show. Nick Cannon will be host(like duh) and guest stars (e.g. Method Man, Kanye West) They will take scene suggestions from the audience or do a freestyle rap battle. Basicly it's like what Nick Cannon said "It's like 8 Mile but with Jokes."

Well that all for now tune in next time....

The Rza from the Wu Tang Clan is teaming up with Ray Acosta a former VP of Musica Latino and Marketing at UBO for Wu Tang Latino. Wu Tang Latino would be a mix of HipHop & Reggaetone. The lable has already sign 4 artist who all plan top drop their album next year. Ray Acosta wants to have a place for Latino HipHop.

let's hope that he knows what he's doing. the kill bill soundtracks weren't as good as I hoped and the deciples of the 36 chambers dvd(it was a live concert that the wu-tang clan did about 3 months or so before ODB died) was nice but there were way to many cuts with the camera and it got distracting after a while.

anyway thanks for the info and SHAOLIN FOREVER!!!!!!!! :chuks:

My thoughts...

RZA seems 2 be ruining the Wu-Tang name with this project. I'm not saying it might not be any good tho.'

Russell Simmons...is there nothing this man can't do?

Puffy's idea seems 2 be ill fated cuz i don't see him doing anything as big as Russell did with Def Comedy Jam.

TLC is my other favorite group. I'm glad 2 see them getting in people's faces again, but i still don't like the idea of them working with someone else even it it's just 4 a TV show. At least their greatest hits album will be coming out 4 sure now.

Nick Cannon's new project sounds interesting. I'll like 2 check that out.

Cassidy Surrenders, Lawyer Says Cassidy Not Involved In Shooting

By Nolan Strong

Date: 6/17/2005 5:30 pm

Barry “Cassidy” Reese surrendered to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania authorities earlier today (June 17) and was charged with homicide, conspiracy and weapons violations.

The rapper, known for hits like “Hotel” featuring R. Kelly and his most recent hit, “I’m A Hustla,” is accused of being one of three men that shot and killed a 22-year-old man in the West Oak Lane section of Philadelphia.

Police allege Cassidy, 22, was one of three men who shot up a car in a driveway on a street, dicing the car with bullets and wounding the three occupants, whom police said were unarmed.

The three wounded men were taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center, where Desmond Hawkins, 22, was pronounced dead from a gunshot wound to the back.

Police said that an argument was at the root of the shooting and that all of the men were acquainted with each other and that the dispute did not involve drugs.

An arrest warrant was issued for the rapper June 8. Cassidy’s lawyer said that his client was innocent and was not involved with the shooting.

"The allegations are not true," Cassidy’s lawyer Michael Giampietro told the Philadelphia Daily News. "The evidence will show he was not involved in the shooting."

As of press time, police were still seeking Abdul West, 23, and another unidentified man in relation to the shooting.

The shooting comes just as the Cassidy is preparing for the June 28 release of his sophomore album, I'm A Hustla

Left Eye's Mother Suing Mitsubishi Over Fatal Crash

By Roman Wolfe

Date: 6/17/2005 1:40 pm

The mother of Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes has hit Mitsubishi with a multi-million dollar lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Atlanta, Mitsubishi ignored claims that their Montero SUV is prone to rolling over.

The Atlanta Journal Constitution reported that Wanda Lopes – Colemon is taking the automaker to court after her daughter, Left Eye of the best-selling group TLC, was killed when her Montero flipped over in the Honduras.

An attorney representing Colemon cited a 2001 Consumer Reports review that rated the Montero Limited “not acceptable” due to its tendency to roll over.

Lopes and members of her entourage were filming for a possible DVD just before impact as they drove down a two-lane highway.

The camera captured something in the road and Lopes swerving to miss it, causing the SUV to flip at least two times.

Lopes was thrown from the vehicle and died at the scene. The video tape was cut off just before impact.

Mitsubishi has filed a counter-suit denying that they are responsible for the accident.

According to police reports, Lopes was allegedly speeding, but her attorney stated there was insufficient evidence to support the allegation.

i made a lil booboo when i posted a topic about 50 pulling out of live 8. i'll try 2 be more careful next time.