JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

will a metalhead :)

Guest otepjada

Guest otepjada

just saw the VIEW and lovely Jada Pinkett Smith was on. WHen Star Jones asked about her band and her husband, WIll, she mentioned that Will had fallen in love with Otep (as a band) and almost got in the pit at an OTEP show the other night!!!

This was way cool to hear my favorite band, OTEP, mentioned by Jada!!! and that Will liked the band too!!! Much respect to WILL AND JADA!!!!!!!!

Yeah I believe I read Otep diaryand it mention Will n Jada. Jada was telling her she loved her performance. Will told her that she had a nice flow. Thats cool that Will has a open mind about all types of music. :dj: So props to Will n Jada 4 being open minded :2thumbs:

Guest otepjada

Yeah I believe I read Otep diaryand it mention Will n Jada. Jada was telling her she loved her performance. Will told her that she had a nice flow. Thats cool that Will has a open mind about all types of music.  :dj:  So props to Will n Jada 4 being open minded :2thumbs:

yep totally !!!!! mucho props!

It's nice 2 know that there's a metal head out there that dosen't hate the whole Fresh Prince / Wicked Wisdom ties 2 Ozzfest. If they can be open minded 2 get involved, why can't those fans be open minded?!?

Guest otepjada

i agree! yeah ck out otep's diary post of that night WIll and Jada attended her show.

back to otep.com

Friday, May 13, 2005

CARPE NOCTUM

pomona, kali-fornia

this is a show that i will definitely remember for the rest of my life ... it has stained the deepest, thickest tissues of my brain ... first, my thanks to the INLAND EMPIRE for coming out and representing this movement ... i felt you ... all of you ... ripping thru the atomic frequencies ... the painted faces on the front lines ... the serpent grrlz ... singing every word of NEIN ... screaming every word of TRIC ... holding my shivering soul during MY CONFESSION & JONESTOWN TEA ... burning the hypocrisy during WARHEAD ... rebuilding yourselves in the fires of creation during SELF-MADE ... and to my beloved PIT BOSSES ... thank you for again ritualizing SOCAL with us as you fought, spun, collided, circled, leapt, fell, rose up again, & bled for us ... also, my thx to the other bands on the bill ... all are welcome comrades in our fight against conformity ... & destroying popular culture ... one mind at a time ...

we have definitely given the MOUTH of MADNESS a great start ...

i would also like to thank Will & Jada Smith for coming out to support what we do ... yes, Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith were at our show last night ... i must admit it was all a bit surreal for me ... they even waited around AFTER the show just to meet me ... i, of course, was still suffering from the show & trying to force my soul to calm itself after its 1st real cathartic exorcism in 6 weeks ... but as i walked up the stairs to the VIP area i turned the corner and they were all applauding for me ... i think a tear or 2 might have slithered into my right eye for a moment ... i mean, these are 2 people who i have greatly respected for many years ... 2 very talented people who came just to see & support what we do ... Jada has a band called Wicked Wisdom & they were with her as well ... all amazing musicians and very supportive ... it was quite the night ... Will said he "liked my flow" and confessed to being a true fan and believer in what we do ... Jada said he almost went into the pit a few times ... wow ... i told Will that in all honesty it was a bit intimidating for me to know such an accomplished and sikk MC such as himself was in the house ... everyone laughed and he shook my hand .. again, i say thx to the Smiths and Wicked Wisdom for coming out and supporting our music and message ... i am touched and honored beyond measure ...

most of you know, it is rare for me to find contemporary music that i enjoy & respect and Wicked Wisdom is definitely one ... i would love to do shows with them ... maybe we can arrange it to have them play some shows on the Mouth of Madness tour ... that would be very cool ... i can't help but be excited about another authentic, intelligent, artistic woman in this aggressive genre ... yes, that would be amazing.

also, much love and respect to my grrrrl Ayesha F'ing King ... C.A.C. baby! xoxo