JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What hapened to Tra-Knox?

MC Lyte waz gonna drop an album on Overbrook 2 but since they lost their distribution deal, they let her go.  I bet her album on Overbrook would have been better than her Underground Heat album.  Breeze's album never came out either.  From what i heard on the WWW soundtrack and Willennium, they had skillz.

That's a shame, MC Lyte hasn't really done that well in recent years like most ol' school rappers sales-wise, it'd be a dope idea if Will could sign Slick Rick, Rakim, and Naughty By Nature 'cause they're looking for record deals and nobody's signing them yet! :mad:

That's why i think some old skool legends should get 2gether and form a label that specializes in Hip-Hop legends. That way those arists are properly promoted and have total control and their albums can come out whenever they wanna put them out. And since most Hip-Hop legends are very humble, down 2 earth people, there wouldn't be many egos and stuff like that. They would be so happy 2 get the deals they got that they would focus on making the best music ever since it would be so easy 4 them 2 put out product. And i bet after awhile, all their projects would do pretty well or at least have a good loyal following.

MC Lyte waz gonna drop an album on Overbrook 2 but since they lost their distribution deal, they let her go.  I bet her album on Overbrook would have been better than her Underground Heat album.  Breeze's album never came out either.  From what i heard on the WWW soundtrack and Willennium, they had skillz.

That's a shame, MC Lyte hasn't really done that well in recent years like most ol' school rappers sales-wise, it'd be a dope idea if Will could sign Slick Rick, Rakim, and Naughty By Nature 'cause they're looking for record deals and nobody's signing them yet! :mad:

???

SAlick Rick is by Def Jam isn`t he?And i thought Naughty By Nature have theyr own label..

That's why i think some old skool legends should get 2gether and form a label that specializes in Hip-Hop legends.  That way those arists are properly promoted and have total control and their albums can come out whenever they wanna put them out.  And since most Hip-Hop legends are very humble, down 2 earth people, there wouldn't be many egos and stuff like that.  They would be so happy 2 get the deals they got that they would focus on making the best music ever since it would be so easy 4 them 2 put out product.  And i bet after awhile, all their projects would do pretty well or at least have a good loyal following.

You are living in a dreamworld AJ... :wink: But I like the idea!

I remember hearing 2 years ago though when Slick Rick got out of prison he was sayin' he's gonna work on a new album, Def Jam should've kept him 'cause his last album went gold in '99 but 6 years waiting for a new one tells me that they didn't but Russell Simmons is back in charge now so hopefully Slick Rick could get a good deal and release his album soon enough. Chuck D said there was supposed to be a Charlie Mack legends tour this month but I guess that idea fell through like the JJFP World Tour idea.