JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

why will and jeff didn't do house party

sonic1988

we all know that will and jeff were approached for the movie and they turned it down and for those who don't know why I stumbled on an interview with play (from kid 'n play) and here is what heppened:

To me when you guys came out with House Party you changed the game. We did an interview with Jazzy Jeff and he said the movie was originally for him and the Fresh Prince. How did it land in your hands?

Play: Yea it was. It was inspired by Groove B. Chill, you know the cats that kept bumping into the turntables. They and the writers all went to high school together so it was inspired by them. When they were looking for people to play the parts they wanted Kid and I to do it but New Line Cinema wanted Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff to do it because they were more known. Fresh Prince and them turned it down because New Line Cinema had a lot of nerve because at the same time they were suing them for that record "Nightmare on My Street." That's why they turned it down. So it didn't work out and we did our little crazy thing playing by the rules and auditioning and it happened.

if you wanna see the whle interview here it is: http://www.halftimeonline.com/play.htm

Edited by sonic1988