JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

will smith keep it real?

The music evolves and Snoop has matured.

Has he really matured? Chorus from "Can You Control Your Ho" from his new album:

Can you control your hoe? (You got a bitch that wont do what you say)

You can't control your hoe? (She hardheaded, she just won't obey)

Can you control your hoe? (You've got to know what to do, and what to say)

You've got to put that bitch in her place, even if it's slapping her in her face.

Ya got to control your hoe. Can you control your hoe?

:poke:

Hey the hook on "Pump Ya Brakes" is basically the clean version of that. :hilarious:

"If you're girl is in your face

And she's out of place

Then what ya gotta do is, pump ya brakes"

btw, nice knowledge there Maxfly, I could'nt say it better myself.

I know ur probably just jokin around, Ted, but not really lol Pump ya Brakes is sayin for ppl to chill and back off when they're gettin outta hand-- I never would say that has anything to do with having a controlling relationship w/ ur woman & hittin her to keep her in line :nono: (oh my goodness, I'm usin the "nono"!)

Sorry...but i this post is just silly. I didn't read any of the replies, but here's what i gotta say. Public Enemy is NOT gangsta rap. They are Hip-Hop with lots of knowlege and political insight. And 2 say Dr. Dre's "The Chonic" is just a gangsta rap album is crazy. There's so much more 2 it than that. There's politics, street stories, etc.

What FP was complaining about waz that AFTER "The Chronic" blew up...and then "Doggystyle"...every new rap act waz trying 2 be just like them. Nobody waz themselves. Even established artist sold out their own style 2 go "gangsta." Since then, it waz from strictly gangsta rap 2 "guns, sex/ho's, drugs, alcohol, and material things. All these news guys still sell out who they really are 2 be like all the other uncreative fools. The music isn't about anything.

Snoop Dogg is defintly alot more than his original incarnation. There's alot more 2 Snoop than his old gangsta image. Snoop is one of the ONLY guys 2 come out in the 90's who have graduated 2 the next level. That's why he's doing trax with FP and Gang Starr.