JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

tell me why video

Mike

Tell Me Why isn't a 9/11 song... I cringe whenever I hear that. Rather, as Tim said, I myself see it as someone trying to figure how how to explain to his children why so many horrible things take place in the world.

Okay. So why did it take him four years to write a "How to explain Septermber 11th to my kids" song?

Lol, it's not even a "How to explain Septermber 11th to my kids" song. There are a lot of other issues he deals with in the course of the song. If he had written this song... lets say... a month after sept 11th occured, Will wouldn't have addressed the priest issue, the sniper issue, Jam Master J....

Indeed, bad things are always taking place in the world, and the question Will asks is how do you explain this to your kids and help them deal with it. Not just Sept. 11th... but a lot of the other bad things that take place as well.

Will could have mentioned things that have taken place in Iraq, Africa and Indonesia as well... but I'm not as concerned with why he doesn't address these issues as much as I am concerened with what issues he does address.

Tell Me Why isn't a 9/11 song... I cringe whenever I hear that. Rather, as Tim said, I myself see it as someone trying to figure how how to explain to his children why so many horrible things take place in the world.

Okay. So why did it take him four years to write a "How to explain Septermber 11th to my kids" song?

Lol, it's not even a "How to explain Septermber 11th to my kids" song. There are a lot of other issues he deals with in the course of the song. If he had written this song... lets say... a month after sept 11th occured, Will wouldn't have addressed the priest issue, the sniper issue, Jam Master J....

Indeed, bad things are always taking place in the world, and the question Will asks is how do you explain this to your kids and help them deal with it. Not just Sept. 11th... but a lot of the other bad things that take place as well.

Will could have mentioned things that have taken place in Iraq, Africa and Indonesia as well... but I'm not as concerned with why he doesn't address these issues as much as I am concerened with what issues he does address.

Yes I agree, that is exactly that what I was tryin' to say!

It should answer the question why Will took 4 years to write a September 11th song.

the reason is that born 2 reign was probally in its last days of production when 9/11 happened, adn it will take time to write the song, recurit mjb, record the song, and put it on the album. 4 years isn't really that long when you think about it.

Paul McCartney managed to get "Freedom" on his "Driving Rain" album, and that was released on November 13, 2001.

So yawn to your explaination.

homie... why should he even do a song like that? is it a "have to do" thing or what? besides, it ain't even a 9/11 song. idiiot.