Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ether vs. Hit 'Em Up

Mc-Bad Boy

better diss  

15 members have voted

1. 1. better diss

• 1. Ether
    • 2. Hit 'Em Up

I think that the 2Pac/Biggie beef got too out of hand and if 2Pac never did "Hit 'Em Up" maybe things would've calmed down faster in East/West beef. The Jay-Z/Nas beef wasn't that personal, nobody got shot, it was just a battle to see who was the king of NY in hip-hop, Jay-Z started running his mouth on "Takeover" about how Nas fell off 'cause he wasn't selling much anymore, so Nas decided to come back with "Ether", I think a couple lines though would've knocked Jay-Z, just like Will doin' "Mr. Nice Guy", but then he just hit punchline after punchline on him, which were more creative than 2Pac sayin' I banged your wife, Nas actually took it closer to the ol' school essence where battles were creative than basically any current rapper has done 'cause mostly today's rappers just say I slept with your girl and have more guns than you.

I think that the 2Pac/Biggie beef got too out of hand and if 2Pac never did "Hit 'Em Up" maybe things would've calmed down faster in East/West beef. The Jay-Z/Nas beef wasn't that personal, nobody got shot, it was just a battle to see who was the king of NY in hip-hop, Jay-Z started running his mouth on "Takeover" about how Nas fell off 'cause he wasn't selling much anymore, so Nas decided to come back with "Ether", I think a couple lines though would've knocked Jay-Z, just like Will doin' "Mr. Nice Guy", but then he just hit punchline after punchline on him, which were more creative than 2Pac sayin' I banged your wife, Nas actually took it closer to the ol' school essence where battles were creative than basically any current rapper has done 'cause mostly today's rappers just say I slept with your girl and have more guns than you.

:werd: Couldn't agree with you more!

Maybe if 2Pac never did "Hit 'Em Up", maybe people wouldn't have compared his career to Biggie's.

A lot of the fans who bought "Stillmatic" seem to have fallen off the bandwagon though after the Jay-Z/Nas battle, Nas didn't even have to diss Jay-Z back and "Stillmatic" would've still been classic, that's a shame since he's been putting out great music still, I don't get either how he coulda got such hard criticism for doing "You Owe Me" either when every rapper does flossy videos, Nas deserves a Grammy.