JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Float like a butterfly sting like a bee

bagotrasho

• Members

This is starting off one of my many "Inform you" posts. Where I talk about a subject i believe to be true

Muhammad Ali was an amazing man, Many people know him as the notorius fighter Cassius Clay who changed his name to Muhammad Ali. But how many people knew that before Muhammad's Muslim brothers gave him the title Muhammad Ali he changed his name to Cassius X? Also Muhammad Ali should be looked on as the Founding Father of Hip Hop/Rap. With his little rhymes he revolutionized the world. Many people know him for his saying 'Float Like A Butterfly Sting like a bee' but did you know that after that saying the phrase ' Joe Frazier can't hit what he can't see'? Some people say the SugarHill Gang were the first rapper. Well first of all they weren't, rap was a street type of beat that was never recorded onto a CD. All sugarhill gang was the first RECORDED rap artists. But think about it! How did rap get onto the streets? Muhammad Ali. Muhammad would sport his little rhymes around to entertain his fans and to have them stick in peoples mind to remember him. Little did he know that this would sprout a following and develop an entire genre of Music. So to sum it all up, without Muhammad Ali there would be no Sugarhill Gang. There would be no Tupac. There would be no KRS-ONE. There would no Fresh Prince. So that my fellow JJFP brotheren is the great story of Muhammad Ali. So next time someone says "Muhammad Ali was the greatest bixer of all time!" say "And a hell of a rapper too!"

I always knew Ali was like the first one to show hiphop to streets. He was a rapper. I mean all those little rhymes he would say. Like Young man rumble :ali: . Hey if u put all his little rhymes together and put it with a nice beat, u probably have a pretty good rap song. :angel:

This is starting off one of my many "Inform you" posts. Where I talk about a subject i believe to be true

Muhammad Ali was an amazing man, Many people know him as the notorius fighter Cassius Clay who changed his name to Muhammad Ali. But how many people knew that before Muhammad's Muslim brothers gave him the title Muhammad Ali he changed his name to Cassius X? Also Muhammad Ali should be looked on as the Founding Father of Hip Hop/Rap. With his little rhymes he revolutionized the world. Many people know him for his saying 'Float Like A Butterfly Sting like a bee' but did you know that after that saying the phrase ' Joe Frazier can't hit what he can't see'? Some people say the SugarHill Gang were the first rapper. Well first of all they weren't, rap was a street type of beat that was never recorded onto a CD. All sugarhill gang was the first RECORDED rap artists. But think about it! How did rap get onto the streets? Muhammad Ali. Muhammad would sport his little rhymes around to entertain his fans and to have them stick in peoples mind to remember him. Little did he know that this would sprout a following and develop an entire genre of Music. So to sum it all up, without Muhammad Ali there would be no Sugarhill Gang. There would be no Tupac. There would be no KRS-ONE. There would no Fresh Prince. So that my fellow JJFP brotheren is the great story of Muhammad Ali. So next time someone says "Muhammad Ali was the greatest bixer of all time!" say "And a hell of a rapper too!"

Well Sugar Hill Gang weren't the 1st ever rappers, they were just the 1st ones to record, some of the true pioneers of hip-hop never officially recorded but that's a whole another discussion. You could actually say Muhammad Ali was one of the 1st people to ever freestyle, he did some nice rhymes, but you could even say that's spoken word poetry or b-bop which was around before hip-hop. :afro:

Edited by bigted