JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

music on DVD

Hi everyone! I haven't written so much here, but I'll try to b a more active fan for now on... sorry for my lack of english-language-knowledge, I'll try to make you understand my swedish-english-mix...

I got the will smith music video collection on VHS & DVD. On the DVD version they've added "So Fresh" as a DVD bonus, but why didn't they put "Freakin' it" on the damn disc??! I though that video was released before they put this thing together....

Next thing: Is the FPOBA tv series coming on DVD? What I'm thinking is that if this tv series sells good, maybe they'll release the JJFP "Greatest Hits" video collection on DVD. I got both the VHS tape "Summertime & other hits" & that greatest hits video and if they'll do a DVD I hope they put both the making of summertime documentaries on it, cus it's different ones on the 2 different videos.

the final thing for today: Where directly the F**K can I find some live performances of Will or JJFP?? There's so many nonfamous artists liveshows that are beeing released on DVD right now, why dont they put some Will stuff out?? Just cuz he's got no label? Someone must be able to put something out! I'm sick of seeing like 20 Eminem DVDs on the shelfs in the store & have to go home and whatch my really old, used videotapes... I want a Will Smith music DVD!!!

thanks for your time guys! talk 2 u later.
Viktor

Guest Prince
No, I was just suggesting you got the Will Smith Music DVD Collection, but after I posted, I saw that you already had it.

Unless you get some bootleg JJ+FP videos then I don't think there are many around. Edited by Prince

Guest Prince
They're pretty hard to get hold of the live performances, and I'm not sure if many exist. You could be able to get some off ebay, but I don't really know.

"Freakin' It" waz done AFTER The Will Smith Video Collection waz put 2gether. I waz hoping that with the release of the boring Will Smith "Greatest Hits" CD, they'd put another DVD out w/ Freakin' It, both versions of Black Suits Comin', and 1,000 Kisses. Of course that waz yet another Columbia Records let down.

Jive Records really should put out a DVD for JJ+FP "Greatest Hits" but that probably won't happen until Will has a huge album on his hands again.

• Admin
hey viktor theres nothin to put out on dvd..what i really want..is for will and jeff to do a live show..go through all the jjfp traxs..and put that out on dvd!! that'd be so dope..because they cant tour properly..everyone would atleast get to experience em live

Yeah, it won't take much 2 please us...just a DVD with all the videos (including "The Things That U Do") would be great. They can just throw on the behide-the-scenes stuff from the "Summertime" video on at the end. I'm not picky, just the videos are fine with me.

TLC waz going 2 release a DVD 2 go with their greatest hits album (which waz released overseas where the album DID come out) and it contained 10 music videos and a 15 minute mix of interviews thru' out their career at the end. Sure, it waz missing their 3 most-rare music videos and of course we wanted more than that, but just 2 have those videos complied on DVD made us "happy enuff." I waz lucky enuff 2 get one of the few copies made 2 play in US/Canada DVD players.

In these days, u can't expect many surprises from record companies (if u can expect anything at all)...so just the basic stuff is better than nothing at all. Let's hope that Will's next album is HUGE and Jive desides 2 release JJ+FP Greatest Hits on DVD.

p.s. What if there waz a Before The Willennium DVD!!! HA HA!!!!

Did they have to shoot a brand new video for the Black Suits Comin (Remix)? Because if they did, that was such a waste of time and money. Columbia really screwed Will....

I'd love to have JJFP stuff (videos, live performances, behind the scenes...etc) on DVD and the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air yet I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

No, they didn't re-shoot the video for "Nod Ya Head - The Remix"...it's just re-edited and has some different footage. It waz a smart move tho' cuz it didn't cost much extra money and it made different versions available 4 different kinds of radio stations.

Jive really should have done the same with "Summertime '98" 2 promote the Greatest Hits album. Putting that remix 2 the original video (of even editing it a lil' bit) would have been a great idea. It probably would have gotten alot of play 2 cuz what's the eazy way of making another hit?....remixing the original. It would have also propelled the sales of it (rather than them just putting it out with no promotion...i didin't even know it waz coming out...i just walked in the music store and found it and freaked out).

There no hard evidence, but the bottom line is, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air WILL be released on DVD. TV shows on DVD have been coming out for years and right now the concept is very hot...EVERYTHING is getting released. It's already confirmed that they are thinkin' about it. It's just a matter of them doing it. I'm sure it's more likely 2 happen when Will has a new movie out. I'm in no rush 4 them 2 release it only cuz i won't them 2 take time loading it down with bonuses. Edited by JumpinJack AJ