JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Wyclef Jean and Lauryn Hill Reunite

bigted

"Lauryn Hill And Wyclef Reunite In Malaysia

By Clover Hope

Date: 3/19/2005 5:20 pm

Ex-Fugees Lauryn Hill and Wyclef Jean roused appetites for a Fugees reunion yet again when the duo reunited onstage at a charity concert Friday (March 18) for victims of the South Asian tsunamis.

About 15,000 people attended the seven-hour concert at Stadium Putra in Malaysia, the Associated Press reported.

"This is history in the making," Jean reportedly stated. "Do you all understand what's happening on this stage? I'm too emotional right now."

In addition, Jean gave a touching tribute to tsunami victims when he chanted "we'll never forget the tsunami victims," then requested that the stadium lights be turned off.

The audience then proceeded to wave lighted cell phones in the dark arena.

Hill and Jean sang "Killing Me Softly," "Ready or Not" and "Fu-Gee-La" from the Fugees' 1996 album, The Score.

The charity concert was organized by Force of Nature and raised more than $2.6 million to rebuild communities in Indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka and India ravaged by the tsunami disasters last December.

Former Malaysian diplomat Razali Ismail, head of the organization and Malaysia's tsunami emissary, said the money raised from the concert would help to rebuild schools and infrastructure."

It's nice to see mcs doing nice things like this! :thumb:

:werd: Hip-Hop needs a Fuggee album bad now 'cause there ain't too many talented groups out there anymore.

"The Score" was one of the best hip-hop albums ever made. I love a lot of Wyclef's solo work too and Lauryn Hill's "Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill" was a masterpiece, did anyone here listen to Wyclef's new album he released a few months ago? I've been wanting to get that album for a while now. :toetap:

Man, i STILL haven't gotten Wyclef's latest album (i have all the others). Pras' solo stuff waz kinda weak, but all their other stuff is good to great. Their solo stuff is in no way comparable 2 the chemistry they have 2gether.