JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

OMARION "O"

JumpinJack AJ

Omarion is of course the front man of B2K. While i liked all of B2K's stuff (except their teeny bopper fans) but this album takes it 2 the next level. He's a bit older now and the lyrics and in some places, the song is more mature. Even with the age gap, i'm relating 2 his stuff like it's Usher's.

Here's a quick review...

I WISH

This song is dope. It's produced by the new producing team Corna Boys (who i'm already a big fan of...they also did Marques Houston's new joint). It's a very sugar-coated R-N-B radio friendly song. It's about being head over heels for a girl.

TOUCH

This is a Neptunes-produced song. This upbeat one is about telling a girl he thinks they should move their relationship 2 another level. Compared 2 the rest of the album, i think this is one of the weaker trax.

O

This is the 1st single most of u probably have already heard. It's a sexy mid-tempo/slow song. One of the smoothest songs 2 hit the radio in awhile. Very T.U.G. kinda stuff.

I'M TRYNA

Another dope one. It's a slow song, but dosen't come across that way thru' the vocals. It's a song about him lettin' a girl know he loves her, but since she left him, he's pretending he's cool with it.

DROP THAT HEATER

This one is 4 the clubs. Darkchild heats it up on this one.

GROWING PAINS

This song is one of a handful of Marques Houston produced and/or written songs. This song touches on the break up of B2K. He talks about missing the good old days but how their situation got really crazy and that it seems just not meant 2 be. He also speaks 2 the fans on this one.

TAKE IT OFF

This is another one 4 the clubs...but not nearly as good as "Drop The Heater." Good song, but nothing new 2 it. Long time Platnium Status/T.U.G. member Mila J pops up on the track. I've never liked her much tho'...her voice is just 2 annoying 2 me.

NEVER GONNA LET YOU GO (SHE'S A KEEPA)

This track is really cool. It has this swinging upbeat retro feel. Big Boi of OutKast spits a verse on it. This track is alos on the Hitch soundtrack.

I KNOW

He smooths it out again on this one. This one is talking 2 a lady that he wants 2 be with him instead of her current man.

I'M GON' CHANGE

Another Corna Boys joint!! The production is again, FLAWLESS. Smoothed out R-N-B at it's best. This one has O talking 2 a past girl saying how he wants 2 make things work cuz he now realizes how much she means 2 him.

IN THE DARK

Another slow sexy one. MH behind the scenes again. Put this song on with your lady...and her cloths just may melt off.

SLOW DANCIN'

Keeping is smooth...another slow one.

FIENING YOU

Unique sound 2 this one. Keeps the slow vibe of the album 2 finish it off.

Bottom line, if u like R-N-B, especially the Imx/immature/B2K/Marques Houston/O'Ryan stuff....u'll be in heaven with this album. This is an album that will be playing in my CD player for the upcoming year. There is also a Dual Disc version of the album which has the "O" music video, an interview, and MTV's "Diary of Omarion.

The album is $9.98 at Target, where u will also get a free digital download for the b-side "Let You Know." Circuit City has it for $9.99. FYE has it for $14.99. The Dual Disc version is $1 or $2 more than the regular version.

Omarion is of course the front man of B2K. While i liked all of B2K's stuff (except their teeny bopper fans) but this album takes it 2 the next level. He's a bit older now and the lyrics and in some places, the song is more mature. Even with the age gap, i'm relating 2 his stuff like it's Usher's.

Here's a quick review...

I WISH

This song is dope. It's produced by the new producing team Corna Boys (who i'm already a big fan of...they also did Marques Houston's new joint). It's a very sugar-coated R-N-B radio friendly song. It's about being head over heels for a girl.

TOUCH

This is a Neptunes-produced song. This upbeat one is about telling a girl he thinks they should move their relationship 2 another level. Compared 2 the rest of the album, i think this is one of the weaker trax.

O

This is the 1st single most of u probably have already heard. It's a sexy mid-tempo/slow song. One of the smoothest songs 2 hit the radio in awhile. Very T.U.G. kinda stuff.

I'M TRYNA

Another dope one. It's a slow song, but dosen't come across that way thru' the vocals. It's a song about him lettin' a girl know he loves her, but since she left him, he's pretending he's cool with it.

DROP THAT HEATER

This one is 4 the clubs. Darkchild heats it up on this one.

GROWING PAINS

This song is one of a handful of Marques Houston produced and/or written songs. This song touches on the break up of B2K. He talks about missing the good old days but how their situation got really crazy and that it seems just not meant 2 be. He also speaks 2 the fans on this one.

TAKE IT OFF

This is another one 4 the clubs...but not nearly as good as "Drop The Heater." Good song, but nothing new 2 it. Long time Platnium Status/T.U.G. member Mila J pops up on the track. I've never liked her much tho'...her voice is just 2 annoying 2 me.

NEVER GONNA LET YOU GO (SHE'S A KEEPA)

This track is really cool. It has this swinging upbeat retro feel. Big Boi of OutKast spits a verse on it. This track is alos on the Hitch soundtrack.

I KNOW

He smooths it out again on this one. This one is talking 2 a lady that he wants 2 be with him instead of her current man.

I'M GON' CHANGE

Another Corna Boys joint!! The production is again, FLAWLESS. Smoothed out R-N-B at it's best. This one has O talking 2 a past girl saying how he wants 2 make things work cuz he now realizes how much she means 2 him.

IN THE DARK

Another slow sexy one. MH behind the scenes again. Put this song on with your lady...and her cloths just may melt off.

SLOW DANCIN'

Keeping is smooth...another slow one.

FIENING YOU

Unique sound 2 this one. Keeps the slow vibe of the album 2 finish it off.

Bottom line, if u like R-N-B, especially the Imx/immature/B2K/Marques Houston/O'Ryan stuff....u'll be in heaven with this album. This is an album that will be playing in my CD player for the upcoming year. There is also a Dual Disc version of the album which has the "O" music video, an interview, and MTV's "Diary of Omarion.

The album is $9.98 at Target, where u will also get a free digital download for the b-side "Let You Know." Circuit City has it for $9.99. FYE has it for $14.99. The Dual Disc version is $1 or $2 more than the regular version.

I've listened to the album at my friend and I must say, it isn't that great! There's almost no R and B music I don't like but this album by Omarion isn't really great! I listen to it sometimes because it isn't bad but it isn't good either and the best man in the world still is Usher 4 me!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: But that's just my opinion... :sonny:

Yeah a lot of r&b is watered down these days, I think that the late '80s through mid '90s r&b was better than it is now, I still like Keith Sweat, New Edition, Guy, Toni Braxton, and Boyz II Men, if they get better production and promotion on their albums they could still be dominating the r&b charts. The one r&b album I really wanna buy is that Brian Mcknight album, Omarion hasn't really impress me too much, but maybe I'll give this album a listen though eventually.

• Admin

i do like soul artists though and i would reccomend.. anita baker - my everything, al green - i cant stop, kindred the family soul - surrender to love, amel larrieux - bravebird, kenny lattimore - from the soul of man, michael franti & spearhead - everyone deserves music & goapele - closer

I think that the 60s/70s was the best time period in soul music, that music laid the foundation for hip-hop to be originated, my parents love the soul from that time and I do too, it was ahead of its time, unlike a lot of the disposable r&b out now, the r&b game is about as bad as the hip-hop game is now, a lot of the soul is gone now, everything seems flashy now/uncreative and most of the songs have no meaning to them.

I agree that alot of 2day's R-N-B is watered down. It's becoming alot like commercial Rap. I waz watching 106 + Park...and the commercial rap is even worse than the commercial rap of a few years ago. And now alot of the R-N-B trax getting played aren't even that good. But commercially, i still think R-N-B is doing better than Rap/Hip-Hop (cuz it really can't get any worse).

I actually think Neo-soul is weaker now that what it waz in the 90's. The stuff by Kenny Lattimore, Amel, Erykah Badu, Spearhead, etc that came our recently isn't nearly as good as their stuff from the 90's.

Most R-N-B is about love...which is a God-given thing, that like Him, is never changing. I don't see the topic of love ever really changing. Maybe being brought 2 people in a new way, but that's about it. Love is something everyone can relate 2 and i think that if u can relate 2 an R-N-B love song, than it's a good song providing the music is decent and the artist has a good voice. Some of the stuff i saw on 106 + Park the other day didn't touch me at all, and the skillz behind the song weren't anything that impressive...that's not good R-N-B. Everytime i hear Omarion's "O", i turn it up and listen 2 it everytime. 2 me, that's good R-N-B. Marques Houston's new single "All Because of You" is not only a dope song, but it's is EXACTLY what i'm feeling right now in life...that's what makes me love the song. Even if i wazn't down with him since i waz 11 years old, that song would be speaking 2 me right now.