JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Microsoft Recalls 14.1M Xbox Power Cords

mfuqua23

Xbox's Official SiteSource: WPXI (Pittsburgh News Station)

POSTED: 10:41 am EST February 17, 2005

Microsoft announced Thursday that it voluntarily recalling power cords on 14.1 million Xbox power consoles around the globe.

Xbox consoles made before Oct. 23, 2003 require a replacement cord, which is designed to protect against electronic component failures that can pose a fire hazard.

Microsoft said fewer than one in 10,000 consoles experienced failures, and in most instances the damage was contained to the Xbox console. In seven instances, customers reported a minor burn caused by the failure.

Click here to order a free replacement cord or call (866) 271-0450.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

___

My mom told me about this. I checked my out and mine is fine. For anyone else who owns an XBox, the serial # and manufacturing are on the bottom of the system's box. You simply put yours in, and they'll let you know if it's defected or not. IF so, they send you a free replacement cable.

Go to Xbox's Official Site, put your language in and find out.