JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JON B + 2PAC "PART 2"

Some of u might remember the 1997 hit by Jon B. + 2Pac "Are You Still Down" (no confusion with his track "R U Still Down (Remember Me)" off the album of the same title). 2 me, it waz crazy seeing an unlikely combo like that come 2gether and create one of the best songs of the late 90's.

On Jon B's new album "Stronger Everyday" there is a song called "Part 2" which is a sequel 2 the 2Pac track "Happy Home." Johnny J produces the all new beat 4 the song AND IT'S DOPE. Even tho' 2Pac wazn't their 2 create the song, the chemistry of "Are You Still Down" is still there. Unlike the new doctored stuff with Eminem and 50 Cent...this track is perfect and it dosen't come across as a cut and paste project. They take adlibs from other 2Pac trax and put 'em in the mix so that it feels like they are playing off each other.

My ?uestion is how can Jon B and Johnny J put 2gether a track this dope but with 2Pac's newer albums alot of the trax are just not natural.

For Jon B fans and R-N-B fans, the rest of the album is very good. One of the best R-N-B albums in a long time!! Other cameos on this album are Babyface, ODB, Tank, Scarface, and Beenie Man.

Oh yeah, and 4 anyone who is totally left in the dark about Jon B...his career jumped off from his track with Babyface on the Bad Boys soundtrack called "Someone To Love."

I never even heard of that track u just mentioned. Fill me in!!

Jon B made mention of it on the 2pac 4Ever DVD. The one wit stolen material. He said they never got 2 work on it. I think that was the 1st they talked about when they met, but never got 2 it. not sure. Those 2 could def. be considered as the best of both worlds. U kno?

I feel u on that. 2Pac is one of the most versital emcees (as opposed 2 what many commercial fans have been exposed 2. Jon B is one of those smooth artists who can do it all from the commercial R-N-B 2 neosoul styled R-N-B. No offense 2 R. Kelly and Jay-Z, but i got their Best of Both Worlds album and it dosen't have much 2 offer (and i'm a pretty big R. Kelly fan). Jon B + 2Pac would have come up with an amazing album!!

Well, in 2002, Jon B let Epic put out a Greatest Hits album by him 2 fulfill his contract with them so he could get off the label. He waz furious that they ignored his 2001 album "Pleasures U Like." He had a hit with "Don't Talk" but after that, it waz hard 2 hear from him. He got mad and dropped off the face of the earth.

He is still signed 2 Babyface's wife's imprint label but they are no longer working with Epic. I havn't seen a video or heard a song on the radio...but hopefully he gets treated right. The album is definitly quality, i've been listening 2 it alot the last few days.