JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will on new Kanye Album "So Help Me God"

• Admin

Yeah I don't understand why Will would work with anyone but Jazzy Jeff. If he's doing one last album do it with Jeff. Still I have faith that if he comes back to music Jeff will be a huge part of it. Sept-Nov could be when they are recording the next JJFP album.

I think Will is just exploring different production styles and experimenting a bit. After all, that is what he said a couple months ago right? That's why he was with Calvin Harris last summer and Kanye West the past couple of years. I think Jeff will always be involved musically - as he should be. I agree though, I want production handled by Jeff over anybody else. No matter how credible or popular they are, Jeff is the #1 guy. 

After 10 years, it's just hard to keep the faith about Will returning to rap. Yes, there's been surprise shows here and there and little pieces of news that Will is recording, it's just hard to believe it until I see it. What really annoys me is we'll hear some of this but then all of a sudden it's squashed because Will signs on to another movie role. As hard as it is for me, I'm trying to be optimistic and I guess the good news is that it seems more likely than ever that he's going to release something.  

There's no reason to doubt new music.  He's the kind of artist who doesn't talk about it unless it's going to happen.  I never had much doubt that there would be more music.  My posts of hope can be seen all over the board...lol.  The thing is, so many people want to put legends in boxes by saying "you need to release new music within this time frame or you've retired."

I'll be happy that new music is coming out, but I don't like the idea of "Will Smith, the pop star."  Calvin Harris and Kanye West represent that.  I want an authentic Fresh Prince Hip-Hop album. I can't imagine Calvin Harris contributing to that.  Plus, Kanye (even in his prime), has never produced anything on the level of Jeff's best work.  The difference is that Jeff does it for the love and for the art. Kanye as long been a slave to money, fame, attention, and his own arrogance.

There's no reason to doubt new music.  He's the kind of artist who doesn't talk about it unless it's going to happen.  I never had much doubt that there would be more music.  My posts of hope can be seen all over the board...lol.  The thing is, so many people want to put legends in boxes by saying "you need to release new music within this time frame or you've retired."

I'll be happy that new music is coming out, but I don't like the idea of "Will Smith, the pop star."  Calvin Harris and Kanye West represent that.  I want an authentic Fresh Prince Hip-Hop album. I can't imagine Calvin Harris contributing to that.  Plus, Kanye (even in his prime), has never produced anything on the level of Jeff's best work.  The difference is that Jeff does it for the love and for the art. Kanye as long been a slave to money, fame, attention, and his own arrogance.

​yea sorry..but you're really letting your bias get in the way to say Kanye only does it for fame. its ok not to like the man as a person or even as a musician, but lets not defame him like that....Let Will work with whoever he wants to. Jeff will be involved, and if he wants Kanye, Timbaland, Calvin Harris etc to be involved I'd be all for it. 

• 2 months later...