JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Mecca & Soul Brother 20th Anniversary Tour

Hero1

• Admin

oh man.. I am so gonna be at the jazz cafe for this one!

http://venues.meanfiddler.com/jazz-cafe/full-listings/featured-gigs/7772

PETE ROCK & CL SMOOTH
"Mecca and the Soul Brother 20th Anniversary Tour”
Jazz Cafe
Sunday 28th / Monday 29th + Tuesday 30th October 2012
Tickets £25 in advance
Doors 7pm
Responsible for some of HIP-HOPs finest moments PETE ROCK & C.L. SMOOTH re-unite for a rare and exclusive London residency to celebrate the 20th anniversary of their legendary debut album “MECCA AND THE SOUL BROTHER”.
Hailing from Mount Vernon, New York, they made their debut in the rap world in1991 Pete Rocks production acumen was highly praised along side of his partner in rhyme [C.L. Smooth] who possessed a distinctive flow matched with a perfect delivery. Classical songs such as They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.), a tribute song packed with emotions that hasn’t been duplicated up to this day and showed the conscientious of the lyrical rhyme slayer C.L. Smooth. After successfully releasing three albums the soul-tight brothers departed ways leaving die-hard fans in a frenzy for the signature horn loops of Pete and the verbal play of the smooth one..

Yeh they're doing 3 back to back dates at the Jazz Cafe in London. I wanna go, but not sure anyone i know who wants to go with. Plus got other expensive trips coming up in the next couple of months. Expensive season Autumn.

• Admin

Yep I'm in the UK til November 3.. This kind of show would never happen in Australia.. in fact neither Pete Rock or CL Smooth has never even been here.. to see them reunited after all there problems with each other..and to see them live would just be incredible for me..not gonna miss this!