JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Christmas Chat/Catch up!

Hero1

well i was thinking we could always turn this thread into a christmas chat/catchup with the board members coming together and posting stuff during the holiday season... as i was saying during the chat i've been enjoying this holiday with family, food, football, and the nba lockout ending on saturday, life is good, i've been feeling more inspired to continue writing raps after the sudden death of heavy d since i'm trying to enjoy every moment a lil' bit more than before, i have a concept i'm coming up with now that i'm entering a "new chapter" in my life now that i'm almost 27 years old on march 4th, i'm anticipating better days ahead after there's been dark times for awhile... i'll admit though there's been times where i've felt discouraged since things i've wanted to accomplish in my life haven't quite happened as fast as i was planning them to happen but as i'm getting a lil' bit older i just feel more thankful for things i have that others would dream of having like living with loving parents, having my health, and having good people in my life just like the jjfp.com peeps 'cause y'all been like family to me ever since i first started posting here in 2004 in sharing my love for music and life in general, it's been real....on another note when we were listening to the music the other day during the chat and luther's "never too much" was playing i was thinking back to how jjfp sampled that for "can't wait to be with you" and i've been playing "code red" more lately, that album just never gets old..."ain't no place like home" definately hits the spot especially during these times, just makes me think of all the great times i spend with my peeps and i thank god for them, on that note let's make this holiday the best y'all...

Good to hear things are going well Ted and you're looking forward to the future. I'm hoping 2012 is a big year for me, but i've only got myself to make that happen.
The last couple of years have been very up and down. Up in i've done some amazing things, but down in i've stryggled to find regualr work. Luckily in the last few months i've found myself working regularly again, allbeit in retail where i don't intend to stay forever. But for now i'm grateful i have a solid income again.

I started seeing someone a couple of months ago, she's a really nice girl and although we're still in the early stages of our relationship its been going really well. Yet to force any JJFP music onto her yet tho'

i'm hoping the best for you kev in 2012 with your job and the girl you're going with, for the past couple weeks i've been reconnecting with a girl that i went to high school with after not talking to each other for for almost 5 years, it's been good to catch up on our friendship and i feel that there's something there between us that's going to lead to being more than just friends but i'm willing to take it slow for now and see what happens