JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MECCA AND THE SOUL BROTHER - DELUXE BOX SET

If this was posted on the board, I completely forgot about it. Already spent too much money this week but when I saw this, I HAD to buy it! I thought the other PR+CL fans would wanna know about this.
http://www.amazon.com/Mecca-Soul-Brother-Deluxe-Smooth/dp/B003XIO7QE/ref=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1305381636&sr=1-4

I wish more groups...well JJ+FP in particular would do this. Remaster the tracks, add some unreleased tracks, quality remixes and pictures and actual linear notes.

Not to stir up a debate but I listened to a lot of Pete Rock and CL Smooth during work tonight and I have to say that I think the Main Ingredient is such a better album. Theres only a few tracks I like on here...I love Lots of Lovin, T.R.O.Y, On and On, and one or two more.

I think The Main Ingredient is a better album as well but Mecca + The Soul Brother is a monumental album. That album did things for Hip-Hop that not many albums has.

It's risky releasing stuff like this because the audience who will A) find out about its release, B) care about its release, and C) BUY IT is small. It rare for a record company to support something like this. I think it's beautiful. Over the past year I've bought 2 disc deluxe versions of classic albums by Marley Marl and The Jungle Brothers and I'm always so amazed that this kinda stuff gets made. If more albums like that got promoted and purchased, I'm sure we'd see more releases like this of classic Hip-Hop.