JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BAD MEETS EVIL EP ON THE WAY

Though I've never followed his career very close, I've always thought Royce Da 5'9" had skills. Now that Eminem has got his stuff 2gether again, I'm really excited for this EP!! Just hearing the news takes me 10 years back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eminem announces details of upcoming EP
By Jonah Bayer • 1 hour ago
Breaking News

Eminem hasn’t updated his twitter account in months, but last night he took to the Internet to announce that his upcoming EP with Royce Da 5′9 would be called Hell: The Sequel. The duo —who are referring to themselves as “Bad Meets Evil — will release the EP on June 14th. This also marks the first time that these two rappers have worked together in over a decade.
Royce, who appeared on Eminem’s 1999 commercial breakthrough The Slim Shady LP, had a very drawn-out public feud with Em and his hip-hop group D12 from 2003 to 2008. Both acts ended up releasing diss tracks aimed at each other, however Royce patched things up with the group a few years back and was even featured on a D12 mixtape called Return Of The Dozen.

Last week, the duo’s song “Fast Lane” appeared online (which you can listen to here) and saw the two MCs trading rhymes in a traditional battle-style format, and included Eminem giving a shout out to Nicki Minaj that’s so dirty we can’t even quote it on this site. When asked how the duo reunited, Royce recently told MTV, “Me and Em, when we started hangin’ again — he don’t go anywhere — so we were hangin’ at the studio. We just started making records, just making ‘em because we were both in the lab and we had free time.”

I think the new song is dope. It just a straight beat with them flowing over it. No gimmicks, trending production, crappy guests. It's Hip-Hop in it's truest form.

I think a lot of Royce's production and Relapse was it or miss but it was never BAD. I have no problem with a beat that isn't fantastic as long as it's not bad and the emcee does right lyrically/vocally. I think Recovery's beats (other than 1 or 2 songs) was dope. Commercial or underground, those beats were dope. Once Em got away from his usual producers, it was like a breath of fresh air entered his music.

This beat is okay, yes. I hated the beats on recovery tho, they sounded like a marching band. I can see what you mean, but too me it is like this: There is so many music out there I wanna listen to, and so little time, and I realy dont have time for mediocrity.. I realy only wanna spend time listening to realy good songs right now. Just good rhymes don't make a good song.

Edited by Turntable

This beat is okay, yes. I hated the beats on recovery tho, they sounded like a marching band. I can see what you mean, but too me it is like this: There is so many music out there I wanna listen to, and so little time, and I realy dont have time for mediocrity.. I realy only wanna spend time listening to realy good songs right now. Just good rhymes don't make a good song.

:clap:

Not sure what I think of the new song.

I'm glad that Em is on the up again but am I the only one who doesn't think he has recaptured the magic that he once had? I mean I see moments of it (mainly on the Westwood Freestyles he does) but nothing in comparison to his earlier days. I know rappers grow up and have to start rapping about different subject matters but the level of intricacy in his rhymes is no longer there for me. Who knows... maybe he'll prove me wrong with the new EP