JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MARIAH CAREY'S NEW CHRISTMAS ALBUM DUE IN NOVEMBER

JumpinJack AJ

I'm excited for this news. Her first Christmas album is a modern classic. She's evolved over the years but I'm hoping this new one is a proper mix of the old with the new. I've been hoping she'd do another Christmas album for the past few years. I hope they go back and release the remix album they mentioned tho.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mariah Carey's Christmas Album Due in November

Mariah Carey has spent the past few weeks dodging pregnancy rumors, but the songstress isn't avoiding whispers of a new Christmas album.

Carey will release 'Merry Christmas II You' on November 2. According to Rap-Up.com, the new album is a follow-up to Mimi's 1994 holiday compilation 'Merry Christmas,' and it will feature both new material and covers of classic holiday songs.

In March, Carey's camp officially scrapped plans to release her remix album 'Angels Advocate' in favor of beginning work on the Christmas album. 'Angels Advocate' was set to feature a collection of remixes from her twelfth studio release 'Memoir of an Imperfect Angel,' but after several delays, it was shelved permanently. Intended features on the album included Ludacris, Mary J. Blige, Snoop Dogg and R. Kelly.

'Merry Christmas II You' will be released in conjunction with a new Christmas DVD -- the details of which have not been revealed yet. In April, famed fashion photographer David LaChapelle shot the covers for both the album and the DVD and told the U.K. Times that the pop diva had originally requested real reindeer for the cover shoot.

Mariah Carey's 'Merry Christmas' album, which included the holiday hit 'All I Want for Christmas Is You,' sold over 12 million copies following its 1994 release.