JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BROWNSTONE RETURNS

Here's something for R-N-B fans. I'm so happy they are back. Brownstone is one of the best to ever do it. I love reading how Brownstone is back, TLC wants to do a new album, SWV is back together, En Vogue is touring with Dawn back in place. 90's R-N-B is in demand for the grown and sexy. Some of these new R-N-B guys are alright but they are missing the love and romance that 90's R-N-B mastered.

------------------------------------

http://www.bvbuzz.com/2009/10/01/michael-jackson-proteges-brownstone-return/

Back In Stride: Michael Jackson Proteges Brownstone Return

By Jawn Murray on Oct 1st 2009 7:11AM
Filed under: Exclusives, Interviews, Music

Best known for hits like 'If You Love Me,' 'Grapevine' and '5 Miles To Empty,' 90s R&B trio Brownstone is back together and performing again.

With founding members Nicci Gilbert and Maxee Maxwell and a new member, Teisha Brown, the group has began performing spot dates and is in the studio recording new music.

"I'm very excited because I know the fans are very happy. I'm excited to see our fans again because we missed them terribly," said Maxwell.

Gilbert added: "It's a tremendous blessing to still be relevant after not having a record out in over ten years!"

Brownstone recently performed at the Afr'Am Festival in Norfolk, Virginia along with Salt-N-Pepa, Keith Sweat and Bell Biv Devoe. They also opened for Maze featuring Frankie Beverly in Chattanooga, Tenn.

In addition, Brownstone has performed recent dates in Chicago, Illinois and Mobile, Alabama and Maxwell said the crowd response has been overwhelming.

"The fan reaction is very positive! They are welcoming towards us, which is so nice to see and feel. It lets us know we were very well missed, which is a blessing in my eyes," she expressed.

Newcomer Brown said joining the respected R&B collective has been a dream come true for her.

"I am beyond elated to be a part of a group that I absolutely adored from the very beginning of their career. It is a surreal feeling to know that I am sharing my craft and my gift with a group that I was a huge fan of," she shared.

Neither founding member Mimi Doby (who left the group in 1995) and nor her replacement Kina Casper (who is now a rock singer) wanted to participate in the Brownstone reunion. Regardless, Gilbert emphasized that Brown has been the perfect addition to the group.

"Teisha brings so much to the group! She's a Detroit girl straight from the church, so we will be sangin' during these shows and on this record for sure," said Gilbert.

Brownstone

Making their debut in 1995 on Michael Jackson's MMJ Music record label via Sony, the group's first CD 'From the Bottom Up' sold one million copies. The group released two other CDs 'Still Climbing' and 'All For Love' before breaking up in 2000.

Brownstone intends to release a single before Valentine's Day and a new CD early next year.

"We are also working on some other exciting projects in the near future," Gilbert closed.

-------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.bvbuzz.com/2010/08/19/brownstone-singer-nicci-gilbert-married/?icid=main|main|dl2|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bvbuzz.com%2F2010%2F08%2F19%2Fbrownstone-singer-nicci-gilbert-married%2F

Newlyweds: Brownstone Singer Nicci Gilbert Gets Married

By Jawn Murray on Aug 19th 2010 12:00PM

Newlyweds: Brownstone Singer Nicci Gilbert Gets Married
Brownstone lead vocalist Nicci Gilbert got married on July 10, 2010 and BV Buzz is the first to obtain these exclusive images of the R&B star and her husband, retired boxer Leonard M. Daniels.

The couple wed in an intimate ceremony in historic Marietta Square in Marietta, Ga. after dating for more than a year.

Prior to their nuptials, the couple co-produced the live DVD recording of 'Soul Kittens Cabaret,' a cabaret-style musical that starred 'American Idol' winner Fantasia and R&B singer Faith Evans.

The coNicci Gilbert & Leonard M. Danielsuple will reside together in Atlanta. The two have launched a production company called NoeGo Entertainment Company.

Brownstone was the first group to be signed to Michael Jackson's MJJ Records and are best known for hits like 'If You Love Me,' 'Grapevine' and '5 Miles To Empty.'

After nearly a decade-long hiatus from performing, Brownstone has begun performing again.