JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Drake's new song "Over"

VIsqo

http://rap.about.com/od/songreviews/gr/DrakeOver.htm

Drake - "Over" (Young Money/Universal Motown)

By Henry Adaso, About.com Guide

The Bottom Line

A drum-anchored jam swings Drake's prepubescent-teen voice into all kinds of directions before bringing him back down to earth for his most atrocious chorus yet.

Pros

* The music is a distracting mess

Cons

* Inane chorus

* Redundant rhymes

* Preposterous metaphors

Description

* "Over" is the lead single from Drake's Thank Me Later

* Produced by Boi1nda

* Follows a familiar pattern inspired by other Young Money singles

* Produced by Boi1nda

* Follows a familiar pattern inspired by other Young Money singles

- Drake - "Over" (Young Money/Universal Motown)

You hear that? That's the sound of a million people letting out a long sigh of disappointment. Assuming you're not tempted to dismiss Drake's upcoming debut on the strength of one song, "Over" will do little more than raise expectations for Thank Me Later.

And that's not because "Over" is so good that you can't wait to savor it within the ebb and flow of a great album. No. It's more like, "The only logical explanation for a single this terrible is that he's saving the gems for his album." That's not a guarantee. What we know for certain is that Drake's latest collaboration with Boi1nda sounds like it was tossed off in 20 minutes.

A drum-anchored jam swings Drake's prepubescent-teen voice into all kinds of directions before bringing him back down to earth for his most atrocious chorus yet. Once you've had a helping of his smug self-satisfaction jeer served on a side of Lil Wayne-esque vocal nuance, you'll sigh too.

Sorry for the copy/ paste errors..

Well, this is just what I thought the first time I heard this single.. Just awful.. I get tired by just waiting for the chorus to end..

And the first single of the most anticipated album of the year.. This doesnt say a lot for this year in music..

Edited by VIsqo