JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL Cool J Receives Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Nomination

bigted

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.9853/title.ll-cool-j-receives-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-nomination

LL Cool J Receives Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Nomination

September 23rd, 2009 | Author: Danielle Harling

Rapper LL Cool J [click to read] could be the next Hip Hop act to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. On September 23, it was announced that LL Cool J is one of 12 artists to receive a nomination for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Other nominee’s include ABBA, Donna Summer, KISS, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Chantels, and more.

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five and Hip Hop trio Run DMC are currently the only rappers to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

LL Cool J [click to read] rose to fame in the eighties with his debut album Radio. Signed to Def Jam, LL Cool J went on to release a number of classic albums including Bigger And Deffer, Walking With A Panther, and Mama Said Knock You Out.

In recent years, LL Cool J [click to watch] has concentrated on his acting career starring in several television shows and movies.

Currently, LL Cool J is one of the stars of NCIS: Los Angeles. NCIS: Los Angeles premiered on September 22.

I love that while he says he's not doing a full length album, he's still putting out songs on the internet and getting nominated for the R&R Hall of Fame. I hope he gets it, he's up against some big names. I'm not sure how all of that works. Just like FP, he'll be back in full swing musically some time soon enough.

I think more than one artist gets in so LL has a chance