JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MARKY MARK + EMINEM TO DO A MOVIE TOGETHER

JumpinJack AJ

I just came across this article/interview. It has Marky talking about doing a boxing movie with Eminem. Most people here know I'm a huge fan of Mark's and follow everything he does...even stuff like The Haunting (lol). Anyways, he talks about Matt Damon backing out of the movie and how Eminem is attatched. On Eminem's 1st 2 albums he kind of mocks Mark in his lyrics (probably just because he was a successful white emcee). I remember reading that YEARS ago they were both on TRL and when they were on the stage 2gether, Eminem was really quite and standoffish. It was rumored that there wasn't a good vibe between them. So after watching the interview I was surprised to see that they are on good terms. Them working together seems more like a gimmick then a natural thing. But what if it gets Mark 2 loosen up and do a song again...ha ha...it's been 11 years already. I can always hope, right. Here's the article. The link at the bottom has a 7 minute interview video.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eminem In Mark Walhberg Boxing Movie?

Wednesday, 15 July 2009 | Written by Jason

Grammy-Award-Winning rapper and Oscar-Winning Actor (for his music that is), Eminem, is reportedly being considered to star alongside Mark Wahlberg in an upcoming boxing movie. [watch here] "We were supposed to do this boxing movie together," Wahlberg told DJ Whoo Kid about fellow actor Matt Damon. [watch here] "We were going to play brothers and I don't think he's really feeling up to it so maybe we'll get Eminem to play the part. It's because we want two guys with some real edge and I think he was attached to play one of the parts at one point. Me and him actually talked on the phone while I was in Philly making another movie so um, either that or my brother. There's not too many people that can be believed in as being brothers, maybe half brothers but still, these guys had a really hard life. We want it to kinda feel authentic as opposed to getting some soft Hollywood act." [watch here]

In related news, Eminem will be making an appearance in the upcoming "Funny People" movie staring Adam Sandler and Seth Rogen. "Marshall Mathers is in it," director Judd Apatow said in an interview. "I still don't know [how it happened.] I was scared to pitch jokes to him then I realized his songs are as nasty as anything that has ever been spoken. There is no way to offend him."

http://www.rapbasement.com/eminem/071509-actor-mark-walhberg-says-that-he-is-set-to-do-a-boxing-movie-with-eminem-soon-watch-here.html

This boxing movie thing reminded me of this...

MARKY MARK - No Mercy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnOCoBj7E0I

And came across this... (definitely an akward segue from Eminem's part on the show 2 Mark's...Em puts a joke out there and Mark looks like he's just trying 2 keep things under control and not knock this skinny corny blonde across the stage)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53GRtC1Pkdc

And this...featuring Marky's "The Illest" which is unreleased. I gotta ask the guy where he got the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwCieRxzqho

Edited by JumpinJack AJ

His stuff with Prince Ital Joe was interesting. Hip-Hop meets Reggae meets Club music was interesting. This was done after Interscope abandoned his 2nd album You Gotta Believe. They were touring with only half the band and Mark sat down with the crew and encouraged them 2 do their own thing. Interscope and Mark couldn't agree on anything. During that time he started turning to acting. He didn't want to let go of music tho.' He started working with Prince Ital Joe overseas to stay busy musically on a branch of Interscope umbrella label. Most US fans don't even know about this era in his music, which is probably good since they don't embrace a whole lot of Euro stuff. Marky Mark did Hip-Hop with some traces of House in his music but i don't think they would accept this Hip-Hop/Reggae/Club stuff at all. Marky's stuff with Prince Ital Joe did alright as they released countless singles and a remix album. He started working on a new album titled All Around The World which never happened. It was lyrically on point but unfocused when it came to production. It was more of a Hip-Hop meets Danceable/Club music with some mainstream appeal. Years after not doing anything for Interscope they still wouldn't let him go. He may still be on the label. He wrote and recorded at least 5 albums worth of material that he never intended on releasing. His last US attempt came in 1997 when someone said "do a soundtrack song like Will Smith did with Men In Black. He said he wouldn't do it if the song was about the movie but would do a regular song. "Don't Sleep" was the track under his real name. He relased one more single overseas in 1998 and that was it.

He currently denies that he'll ever return to music. He says that Hip-Hop is still his favorite style of music but doesn't listen 2 it often becuz it inspires him musically. He oten gets asked in interviews if he'll ever return. He says stuff like "Hip-Hop is a young man's game...i'm older" and "don't you see the suit" (refering to the lack of baggy cloths). The Funky Bunch (aka the Funk B'z) still records music and is still cool with Mark. They stay in touch, occasionally hang out and he has made it 2 some of their shows (i acutally have a pic of them with him taken last year on my Myspace (album All Kinds of Ill Stuff). Prince Ital Joe died in a car accident a few years ago. He is known best from his vocals on 2Pac's "Hail Mary" and the unreleased by often bootlegged "Hit 'Em Up: Part 2." When asked if he'll ever do a return to music if it was done right, you see him smile at the idea but then take it back saying there is no "right way" for him to do it.

"Life In The Streets" is actually one of my top 3 songs he did with Prince Ital Joe. People try 2 clown Mark for being white, a brother of the New Kids On The Block, or say that he isn't from the streets. Truth is, he is. He grew up in a small house with a huge family. He spent his time in the projects in Boston. He grew up selling drugs, robbing people, and was quick to fight. New Kids On The Block was originally him and his brother rapping and break dancing. After getting attention they turned into the pop group that sang love songs which is when he left. Mark is the real deal. He's always been an inspiration to me. Now that I think I'll bow out after putting all that out there. It's all legit tho.' All that info is from Mark in interviews or from Funky Bunch members (I used to talk 2 HB back in the day).

If u love Bad Boys, check Mark's movie The Big Hit. It's maybe my 2nd favorite movie under Bad Boys.

I was a fan of his since he dropped in 1991. I didn't know he was Donnie Wahlberg's brother til I bought the cassette. I have a book that came out on him at the time and the Music For The People VHS. I used to visit his message board all the time year ago. Alot of that inside info came from HB from the Funky Bunch. He saw my posts on Marky's General Topic message board and hit me up. From there we'd talk music and stuff. I never did get the Funk B'z 2000 album. Now they have a Myspace but i can't find their 2000 album anywhere. Some of the new stuff is good, some of it's okay. There's much more to him being the brother of a New Kid on The Block, dropping a platinum album, setting up for having one of the best follow up albums ever to only be let down, then turning to acting.