JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

T.I.'s Paper Trail Re-enters Billboard Top 10

VIsqo

T.I.'s Paper Trail Re-enters Billboard Top 10

Thursday March 12, 2009

Just when you thought it had finally lost steam, T.I.'s latest effort Paper Trail makes a u-turn and re-enters the Billboard 200 at the No.10 position. It's the only hip-hop album in this week's Top 10. Paper Trail has been out for nearly six months, yet people are still buying Paper Trail in droves. What economic recession?

Personally I think it is because of the tv show and the late release of dead and gone. But its nice to see a good rap album in the top 10, because actually it is the only rap album in the list..

It aint King, but I dont think it is a bad album at all... Its got some good lyrics, real nice beats and combinations between solos and featured songs, the album is neat..

TI's one of the more talented rappers on the commercial scene, I don't mind that he sells, he could flow...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the guy continues on selling, and from being a noone outside of his hood to being publicly known, its all been hard work for TIP.. I think he is really creative and he will continue to grow up lyrically as the time goes by..

T.I. Sentenced to 1 Year and a Day in Prison

Self-proclaimed King of the South T.I. will spend the next 366 days in a Georgia prison as part of his plea deal with prosecutors over a 2007 felony weapons charge.

The Atlanta rapper is required to turn himself into prison within the next 30 to 60 days, but is not expected do so before May 19. Northern Georgia District Judge Charles Pannell Jr. praised T.I. for meeting and exceeding the expectations required from his plea deal.

Tip originally faced up to 10 years in the pokey, after pleading guilty to a federal weapons charge. However, he agreed to complete 1,000 hours of community service prior to his sentencing, pay a $100,000 fine and complete an additional 500 hours of community service after he completes his bid.

The last time Tip went to jail, Paper Trail happened. Hopefully, T.I.'s legal trials will inspire some powerful material. The King will rise again.

Source: Rap.about.com