JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

SALT-N-PEPA RETURN!

JumpinJack AJ

FINALLY!! LL came back (tho' the album wasn't that good), Heavy D has a new album out, Queen Latifah is dropping a new one soon, Naughty is coming back, MC Lyte is doing the Almost September thing. Here comes S-N-P!!! I got this article from someone on the CyberTLC message board. Now Jazzy needs 2 get FP's butt back in gear!!

----

After a seven-year hiatus from touring, pioneering female rap group

Salt-N-Pepa are planning to embark on a tour of Australia and Asia.

Cheryl "Salt" James-Wray and Sandra "Pepa" Denton are currently booking dates for the tour, which will also feature the group's DJ, Deidra

"Spinderella" Roper.

The group will hit the road in late 2009-early 2010, as part of a number of upcoming initiatives, which includes a brand new, untitled album.

"The main thing about Salt-N- Pepa, is that they are a performing

group, which takes pride in their performances and are known as a group that puts on spectacular shows [and] it is strictly about maintaining

the brand," group manager Gavin Wray explained to AllHipHop.com.

"It is not about the money, we don't necessarily need to do gigs on the regular, we would rather maintain the brand and make the right choices

collectively and when the time is right and the group is ready we will

hit the stage like we never left. That is one of the main reason's why

Salt -N- Pepa's image has been polished and respected as a group on and off the stage for so many years and years to come."

Salt-N-Pepa were the first female Hip-Hop group to achieve mainstream

success, selling over 20 million records worldwide since their debut in 1985.

The group was the subject of their own reality show titled The Salt-N-Pepa Show, which aired on VH1 in 2007.

I wonder how they're gonna work out their creative differences after seeing them on the show. they're like polar opposites, lol, it'll be interesting to see what they come up with. Nice that Spin's gonna be with them, I know she was having some issues, feeling left out at one point.

Keep in mind that The S-N-P Show is a reality show. Scenes are edited and voiceovers are played with 2 be more dramatic and entertaining than real life. Yes, they do have differences and yes, Spin is viewed by some as the 3rd wheel (since non-Hip-Hop fans don't appriciate the DJ) but i never saw their return as a great feat. It always seemed bound 2 happen. I know a new album was coming once the show started airing.

I'm talking performance wise, Pep wanted to perform their old stuff and Salt wasn't really with it b/c she's a Christian so they had to come together and compromise so i'm interested in seeing how they'll work that out. There's almost always gonna be creative differences when working in a group, that's a given. Spin actually confronted Salt and Pep on the show, saying she didn't think they took her seriously as a part of SNP.