Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hollywood's Top-Earning Couples

Ale

Article:

http://www.forbes.com/2008/11/19/hollywood...119couples.html

No. 2: Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith

Total: $85 million

forbestq7.jpg

Though Jada Pinkett Smith's résumé continues to grow, husband Will Smith maintains his role as the family breadwinner. He pulled down $80 million in the year ending June 2008, thanks to another set of top-performing blockbusters: I Am Legend, The Pursuit of Happyness and this past summer's Hancock. She managed to generate a still impressive $5 million during the same period, thanks to roles as an actress (The Women), producer (The Human Contract) and entrepreneur (she has a stake in beauty line Carol's Daughter).

this article made me laugh for about three reasons when I first saw it:

1) we know who made the bulk of the 85 mil

2) I thought back to their '05 BET Awards skit when they were talking about money

her: money is not an issue

him: cuz I make soooooo much more money than her..... lmao

3) b/c some snarker's always going "what has Jada done since the Matrix?" apparently enough, lol I certainly wouldn't turn down her money in these hard financial times

Gotta give it to Jay and Bey, even though I could care less about them as a couple they (well him and her parents) seem to be good business minded people. And from what I've seen they all (Smiths, Carters) give back through charities and stuff.