JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jaden Smith set for 'Karate Kid' redo

Ale

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna see how the movie did this weekend with the toy story thingy up there..

There you go!

1. Toy Story 3 $109,000,000

2. The Karate Kid $29,000,000

3. The A-Team $13,775,000

Domestic: $106,254,000 94.3%

+ Foreign: $6,386,356 5.7%

= Worldwide: $112,640,356

The Karate Kid Press Conference in Shanghai

On June 18, Jackie attended a Karate Kid press conference in Shanghai with Yu Rong Guang, Harald Zwart, Jaden Smith, and Will Smith. Will announced that he will continue to work with China and that two future projects that are on the list are both with Jackie.

http://jackiechan.com/news/1011679--The-Karate-Kid-Press-Conference-in-Shanghai

Jackie Chan and The Smiths Not Canceling 'Karate Kid' Promotion in Mexico Despite Hurrricane

Jackie Chan and Will Smith and his family have refused to let a hurricane stop them from promoting "The Karate Kid" movie in Mexico - the stars have flown into the eye of a storm for a premiere.

The Smiths and martial arts star Chan are currently touring the globe to promote the movie, which stars Will's 11-year-old son Jaden Smith.

The stars were scheduled to land in Cancun, Mexico for the premiere of the remake on Thursday, July 1 as Hurricane Alex stormed through northern Mexico. At least two people have been killed as the savage storm, which roared in from the Gulf of Mexico, picks up pace.

Chan was convinced their movie bosses would cancel the scheduled stop-off as a result of the harrowing weather, but he arrived in Mexico along with the Smiths on Thursday after a lengthy flight.

In a series of posts on his Twitter page he writes, "I just land in Mexico (sic)! 5 hour fly instead of 3 because of hurricane... Hola twitter! I thought we cancel because of hurricane but we still come! We are here. Haven't seen much yet still driving but beautiful."

http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/entertainment/201007/54088.php

• 2 weeks later...

Jaden Smith Shows He's Just As Cool As His Dad

The little hits London to promote Karate Kid

Will Smith's son, Jaden Smith is in the UK promoting his film the 'Karate Kid'.

The cutie is in London and was looking super cool in his threads. He's recently had to deny that he's forming a rap group with Snoop Dogg's sons.

The 11-year-old features on his film's soundtrack, rapping with Justin Bieber - but rumours surrounding his involvement in a rap group with Snoop Dogg's children, Corde and Cordell Broadus have been denied.

His representative told WENN.com: "There is no truth to this."

Check out our pictures of Jaden Smith from earlier today...

http://www.taletela.com/news/1953/jaden-smith-shows-hes-just-as-cool-as-his-dad

Edited by Ale

Will Smith says his Karate Kid star son can handle fame

Hollywood actor Will Smith has said he is confident that his son Jaden can cope with the pressures of fame.

Jaden, who has just turned 12, appears alongside martial arts legend Jackie Chan in the remake of The Karate Kid.

"He grew up in this industry so it's not foreign to him. He understands that this is a family business," said Smith, ahead of the film's UK premiere.

"He didn't have the shock and the radical life change that child actors usually have coming into the business."

The Karate Kid is a remake of the 1984 original, and was shot entirely in China. Despite its title, the movie is about how a bullied boy (Jaden Smith) learns kung fu from a maintenance man played by Chan.

Asked if he wanted to be a bigger star than his father, Jaden told the BBC: "'I'm going to try!"

Jackie Chan - who has appeared in more than 100 action films since the 1970s - said Jaden had a lot of potential to be a big star.

"He's young. He can sing, he can rap, he can dance, he can fight, he can act," he said.

Star pressure

Jaden - the son of Will and actress Jada Pinkett Smith - was last seen on the big screen opposite Keanu Reeves in The Day The Earth Stood Still. He also appeared alongside his father in The Pursuit of Happyness (2006).

Asked how big a star he thought Jaden could become, Will Smith joked: "If one more person calls me the Karate Kid's dad, then Men in Black III is coming out immediately!"

Pinkett Smith, a producer on Karate Kid alongside her husband, said: "One of the advantages that Jaden has, that a lot child stars have not, is that his parents have been doing this for a long time - so we really understand the industry and the do's and don'ts.

"When your dad is still the biggest movie star in the world it keeps everything really grounded. He won't be paying any bills anytime soon."

Will Smith added: "Child stars are generally broken by the pressure of being the breadwinner of a household at 14 or 16 years old.

"I hope that we have a bit of handle on it. We're focusing very closely and paying attention to his energy and his desire and his love for it."

At a press conference in London, Smith turned to his son and asked: "How are we doing, parenting wise?"

Jaden said: "I think you should let me stay out longer..."

The Karate Kid is released in the UK on 28 July.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-10650630

-----

Will Smith's tears of pride

Will Smith ''boo-hoos'' every time he sees his 12-year-old son Jaden appear on the cinema screen.

Will Smith cries whenever he sees his son Jaden on the big screen.

The 41-year-old actor - who produced the 12-year-old actor's latest work 'The Karate Kid' alongside his wife Jada Pinkett Smith - takes delight in seeing how hard the youngster loves to work and admits he and the movie's other star Jackie Chan were constantly pushing him harder.

Will told BANG Showbiz: "I don't choke back emotion, I boo-hoo every time I see him. It doesn't even matter.

"He's so disciplined and so hard working that it's hard not to push him for more. There's no telling what this kid could do. Jackie Chan and I were having our little private meetings about how to work around mummy. But it was such a wonderful experience. That movie really chokes me up."

The 'Men In Black' actor - who also has nine-year-old daughter Willow with Jada - also joked his son has the best characteristics of both of his parents.

He said: "He's truly his own being. The best of Jada and I. It's just amazing, amazing that you can go to Mexico, drink some tequila, and then he shows up nine months later. It's amazing."

However, while filming the action movie - a re-imagining of the popular 80s movie series - work had to be extended by an extra month, something Will was not brave enough to tell Jaden.

He said: "We got toward the end of the film and it got extended by an extra month. So you tell an 11 year old that we are going to have to stay for an extra month when he was getting ready to go home. Leave that to mommy!"

http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/187110-will-smiths-tears-of-pride/