JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

FRESH PRINCE FEATURED IN XXL'S CURRENT "HOLLYWOOD ISSUE"

I bought my first Hip-Hop magazine in awhile 2day. That was because XXL's November 2008 issue is their 1st ever "Hollywood Issue" and on page 70, u'll find Hip-Hop's finest. While there isn't any new info u'll find on the page, it's just good 2 see the 'Prince getting love. It has one of my fav pix from him from 1999 (the Willennium era). It's the black and white pic that was featured in some other magazine with him rocking a white hat 2 da back, a white wifebeater and black denium. Other emcees and rappers who act are also featured in this issue, LL Cool J, Queen Latifah, Common Sense, Mos Def, Ice-T, Ice Cube and more. Hopefully we'll see FP in more Hip-Hop magazines for recognition like this...and for some new music.

On the last page there are "Awards"...FP is mentioned in the following...

Best Sitcom: The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (winner)

Best Death Scene: Will Smith as Robert Neville in I Am Legend

Best Crying Scene: Will Smith when he gets teh job in The Pursuit of Happyness

Best Actor Comedic Performance: Will Smith as John Hancock in Hancock

Best Performance In An Animated Movie: Will Smithas Oscar in SharkTale (winner)

Man, i don't even remember the last time i bought a copy of The Source. The magazines reflect so much of the radio. 99% of the music on "urban" radio sucks....and so what's in the magazines. I wish people would post about when JJ/FP were in the magazines.

I noticed that last week when I was grocery shopping and I picked up the issue, XXL's an ok magazine, and it does seem like the Source has improved some as well but I like allhiphop.com the best when it comes to coverage on hip hop, they're an online magazine, if they published something physically I'd buy it