JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Nas Interview

mfuqua23

Nas Interview...
Monday - August 16, 2004
J-23
In an interview with The Source for their new issue (which he appears on the cover), Nas spoke on several issues sure to create some chatter. The big news is that he has committed to his final album on Columbia (under his current contract at least), will be produced entirely by DJ Premier. Damn. He also talked about 9th Wonder and “God’s Stepson” saying that “he had some good beats on there, I’d like to work with him.”

There will be song on “Streets Disciple” called “Nazareth Savage,” which is a concept track in which his id battles his ego. Considering Nas’ execution of concept tracks in the past, not to mention the concept itself, this could be a classic joint.

Also bound to get some attention is some remarks concerning his dedication to his career. In regards to “The Lost Tapes” he said “’The Lost Tapes’ was put together by my A&R at the time. The put songs on and I cared less, just give me my check and keep it movin’

[i]from hiphopdx.com[/i]

I thought this was an interesting story 2 post becuz this is Nas's last album on Columbia. Just like Will's whose had his last album 'Big Willie Style' on Columbia. (if wrong correct me) or was it B2R. So where's Nas gonna go after this U think? U think he'll renew his contract, or find a new label? :dunno:

FP's last album on Columbia was officially "Will Smith Greatest Hits" which I doubt he had very much input on... So his last proper album being BtR.

I think Nas will find a new label. :thumb:

I think Nas will find another record label after this album, but he has his own independent label already called Ill Will Records(named after his friend Ill Will that was killed). I like his group the Bravehearts, they're one of the better groups in hip-hop but they get overshadowed 'cause of the success of Nas like the Outlawz do 'cause of the success of 2Pac. I don't know how well this new album is gonna do saleswise 'cause "Thief's Theme" hasn't been getting much airplay, but there's no doubt regardless that this album is gonna be dope 'cause Nas has never disappointed me, he always comes with something hot! :dj:

[quote=bigted,Sep 5 2004, 09:33 AM]I think Nas will find another record label after this album, but he has his own independent label already called Ill Will Records(named after his friend Ill Will that was killed). I like his group the Bravehearts, they're one of the better groups in hip-hop but they get overshadowed 'cause of the success of Nas like the Outlawz do 'cause of the success of 2Pac. I don't know how well this new album is gonna do saleswise 'cause "Thief's Theme" hasn't been getting much airplay, but there's no doubt regardless that this album is gonna be dope 'cause Nas has never disappointed me, he always comes with something hot! :dj:[/quote]
Once again bigted...

I totally agree. Usually I have some songs on Nas's albums that don't really appeal 2 me at 1st, but then they grow on me. I've loved every album. Plus, I knew bout the whole deal wit Ill Will. (know U put that 4 the ones who didn't). Bravehearts got a pretty game goin. I think 98-2000 was their year. All of em 2gether. The only album the Outlawz really shined wit Pac after he died, I think was 'Still I Rise'. Other than that, they've just lost that passion that Pac gave em 2 grow. A lot of artists now don't have passion 4 music. Even if it'z the same old stuff on da radio. But how could U would that type of music, u kno?

My prob Sept.24th is gonna be Talib Kweli's or Nas's 1st? I love Nas, but Talib has grown on me.

Talking about Kweli, this is the cover for his new album!

[img]http://www.mcarecords.com/MCAImageUpload/802388-full.jpg[/img]

The album is dropping 9/28/2004!
Album includes guest appearances by Mary J. Blige, Faith Evans & RES and production by Kayne West, Just Blaze, Hi-Tek, & Charlemagne.

Can't wait for that album...There are only 3 album's i'm really gonna get, and that's this one, the new Nas and ofcourse the new FP album!

:werd: I like Talib Kweli too, he's a great lyricist with an aggressive flow. Does he have a single out now? Wow, it's been awhile but now I'll have some new hip-hop CDs to buy! :switch: I got that new LL CD last week which is crazy, I still wanna get that new KRS-ONE CD with that bonus DVD but I don't see it in any of the stores so I'll have to order it online, I was almost forgetting about that Roots CD I wanna get that too, and when those Nas and Talib Kweli CDs come out I wanna get those too! :dj: