JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jada Pinkett Smith: I'm a Stricter Parent Than Will

Ale

As a loving mother to her three children with husband Will Smith – Trey, Jaden and Willow – Jada Pinkett Smith can draw from her experience for her role as a strong single momr on the TNT drama pilot, which she is also executive producing, Time Heals.

Pinkett Smith will play Nancy Hawthorne, which the network describes as the strong but caring director of a nursing hospital in North Carolina, a single mother who places the pain of others first.

In terms of her role off-screen, Pinkett Smith, 37, acknowledges that neither she nor Will exerts a particularly heavy hand.

"We're not strict but we definitely believe it's a very important component for rearing children," she told PEOPLE last month. "It creates safety for them. They understand that they need guidance."

Still, if a member of their brood wants to sneak an extra sweet, Pinkett Smith acknowledges with a laugh that her husband is the more lenient one.

"He's so lenient on that stuff," she says with a sigh. "Daddy tends to [say], 'Yeah! Have chocolate cake for dinner! It’s all right with me.' I'll come home and it's just, 'Has anyone had lunch?' 'Yeah, I had some Frosted Flakes!' "

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20227526,00.html

Will has that Bill Cosby/Cliff Huxtable thing going on, lol.

It's funny you say that TopDawg, Will said as much in a recent interview, something like "I told my kids when I was growing up there was a thing called spanking" and he said they laughed and him, lol. Jada said when she's away they get away with stuff they wouldn't dare try with her lol. oh the irony of "Parents Just Don't Understand". :wiggle:

Jada Pinkett Smith: 'I Eat When I'm Depressed'

Jada Pinkett Smith piles on the pounds when she is upset or angry -- because she can't stop eating.

The actress -- who married Hollywood hunk Will Smith in 1997 -- says at one point her addiction to comfort food got so bad she had to take control of herself and her emotions.

Jada explains, "I started eating large amounts when I was depressed.

"But then I started to get a handle on that addiction. And I really had to catch myself. You know, when I would be feeling bad, I'd say to myself, 'Get to the kitchen and bake something, girl! Bake yourself something.'

"And I just found myself eating cake all the time. It was crazy."

Jada, 37, recently revealed that she and Will aren't particularly strict on two their children, Jaden and Willow.

She said, "We're not strict but we definitely believe it's a very important component for rearing children.

"It creates safety for them. They understand that they need guidance."

http://www.showbizspy.com/showbiz/09202008...en-Im-Depressed