JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BRANDY NOT CHARGED IN DEADLY CRASH

JumpinJack AJ

Brandy Won't Be Charged in Deadly Crash

By ROBERT JABLON,AP

Posted: 2007-12-28 21:36:30

LOS ANGELES (AP) - The Los Angeles city attorney's office said Friday it will not charge Brandy in a deadly December 2006 freeway crash.

Spokesman Nick Velasquez said there is "insufficient evidence" for a jury to find the 28-year-old actress-singer guilty of misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter beyond a reasonable doubt.

The decision runs counter to a recommendation from the California Highway Patrol that Brandy, whose real name is Brandy Norwood, be charged in the Dec. 30, 2006, crash.

Brandy was driving on a Los Angeles freeway when traffic slowed and her Land Rover smashed into the back of a Honda.

That car was involved in several other collisions. The driver, 38-year-old Awatef Aboudihaj, died in the accident.

Brandy's attorney, Blair Berk, said "we are extremely pleased" with the decision not to prosecute.

The California Highway Patrol did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Following the crash, Brandy was sued for more than $50 million in separate lawsuits filed by Aboudihaj's parents, children and husband. Brandy and Mallory Ham, a motorist whose car struck the Honda, also have sued each other for negligence. Aboudihaj's husband also has sued Ham. All the lawsuits are pending.

A call to an attorney representing Aboudihaj's children was not immediately returned.

Norwood has made five albums and earned a Grammy in 1999. She starred in the "Moesha" sitcom from 1996-2001.

------------------------------------------

I got this from AOL News. My ?uestion is this, why my heart goes out 2 the family who lost a loved one, why do these people want 50 million from Brandy? When stuff like this happens, it's like they ask for an insane amount of money. 50 million isn't gonna bring this person back. 50 million is way more than the cost of the car, the funeral, and how much income that person was probably brining in. Just seems wrong 2 me. I hope the family is doing good and i hope Brandy isn't haunted by this situation.

Guest lambertj3

Brandy Won't Be Charged in Deadly Crash

By ROBERT JABLON,AP

Posted: 2007-12-28 21:36:30

LOS ANGELES (AP) - The Los Angeles city attorney's office said Friday it will not charge Brandy in a deadly December 2006 freeway crash.

Spokesman Nick Velasquez said there is "insufficient evidence" for a jury to find the 28-year-old actress-singer guilty of misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter beyond a reasonable doubt.

The decision runs counter to a recommendation from the California Highway Patrol that Brandy, whose real name is Brandy Norwood, be charged in the Dec. 30, 2006, crash.

Brandy was driving on a Los Angeles freeway when traffic slowed and her Land Rover smashed into the back of a Honda.

That car was involved in several other collisions. The driver, 38-year-old Awatef Aboudihaj, died in the accident.

Brandy's attorney, Blair Berk, said "we are extremely pleased" with the decision not to prosecute.

The California Highway Patrol did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Following the crash, Brandy was sued for more than $50 million in separate lawsuits filed by Aboudihaj's parents, children and husband. Brandy and Mallory Ham, a motorist whose car struck the Honda, also have sued each other for negligence. Aboudihaj's husband also has sued Ham. All the lawsuits are pending.

A call to an attorney representing Aboudihaj's children was not immediately returned.

Norwood has made five albums and earned a Grammy in 1999. She starred in the "Moesha" sitcom from 1996-2001.

------------------------------------------

I got this from AOL News. My ?uestion is this, why my heart goes out 2 the family who lost a loved one, why do these people want 50 million from Brandy? When stuff like this happens, it's like they ask for an insane amount of money. 50 million isn't gonna bring this person back. 50 million is way more than the cost of the car, the funeral, and how much income that person was probably brining in. Just seems wrong 2 me. I hope the family is doing good and i hope Brandy isn't haunted by this situation.

thank god