JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jeff got things clear

Luigie

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=340514203

this is a blog about the song "can't win for losing" in which Phonte of LB mentions a conversation with Jeff, in this blog you'll find the little but important conversation, maybe it'll inspire some other people here :)

In writing this joint, I drew on inspiration from a conversation I had at Jazzy Jeff's crib. We had just finished recording "Whatever You Want" from his 'Return of the Magnificent' LP. It was the first song I had ever done a full R&B vocal for and while he loved it, I wondered if people would take it seriously:

Me: "Man, this sounds dope, but do you think people will believe it?"

Jeff: "Dude, you knocked that s*** out faster than alotta n****s who call themselves singers! This s*** is fresh!"

Me: "Thanks, bruh...but like, do you think my fans will accept it?"

Jeff (soundin like an angry version of Jaz from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air): "Dude.....F*** A FAN! F*** WHAT PEOPLE THINK! N****, do that s*** for you!"

----------------------------------------

I like what he was saying. I have that attitude myself. There may have been more profound ways 2 put it tho'....ha ha.

• 5 weeks later...

In writing this joint, I drew on inspiration from a conversation I had at Jazzy Jeff's crib. We had just finished recording "Whatever You Want" from his 'Return of the Magnificent' LP. It was the first song I had ever done a full R&B vocal for and while he loved it, I wondered if people would take it seriously:

Me: "Man, this sounds dope, but do you think people will believe it?"

Jeff: "Dude, you knocked that s*** out faster than alotta n****s who call themselves singers! This s*** is fresh!"

Me: "Thanks, bruh...but like, do you think my fans will accept it?"

Jeff (soundin like an angry version of Jaz from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air): "Dude.....F*** A FAN! F*** WHAT PEOPLE THINK! N****, do that s*** for you!"

----------------------------------------

I like what he was saying. I have that attitude myself. There may have been more profound ways 2 put it tho'....ha ha.

For real, I think the same way too. Especially when it comes to the music that I make. I love making music, and its cool when people like my music, but I do this music for my own personal satisfaction. I'm not trying to make music for everyone to like, I'm just making music that I relate to and music thats a part of who I am.