JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

TI Wins Two AMAs; Giving Out Hundreds Of Turkeys

bigted

T.I. Wins Two AMA's; Giving Out Hundreds Of Turkeys

Published Monday, November 19, 2007 12:01 PM

By Mike Winslow

Atlanta rapper T.I. took home two American Music Award’s last night (November 18) at during a star-studded awards ceremony, which took place in Los Angeles.

T.I. took home awards for Favorite Male Artist of the Year and Favorite Album of the year for his critically acclaimed release, T.I, vs. T.I.P.

A representative accepted the awards for T.I., who is under house arrest for allegedly attempting to purchase machine guns and silencers in October.

Cleveland Hip-Hop group Bone Thugs-N-Harmony took home the award for Favorite Band of Duo, based on their latest album Strength and Loyalty.

Black Eyed Peas group member Fergie won Favorite Pop Female Artist, while singer Justin Timberlake took home the Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist award.

R&B singer Akon won Favorite Male Artist in the R&B category, while Rihanna took home Favorite Female Artist. Other Winners included Linkin Park, Jennifer Lopez, Daughtry, Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood and Rascal Flatts.

In related news, T.I.‘s Grand Hustle Record label and the K.I.N.G. Foundation will team up to distribute hundreds of turkey’s throughout Atlanta this week.

The rapper will give out 200 turkeys on the West side of Atlanta and 200 on the East side of the city, while hundreds of Thanksgiving dinners are being prepared to feed the needy at Club Crucial on Thanksgiving.

I watched bits and pieces of the show. Why alot of it fell in2 typical award show ground, some of the performances (Alicia Keys, Rihanna + Ne-Yo) were good. And even if i didn't choose all of the winners as my favorite artists, most of the winers are good artists deserving of an award.

That country performance with Beyonce waz awful. Beyonce sounded great, but that performance only stregthened me dislike of country music...ha ha. What a way 2 destroy a song.