JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

2PAC: THUG ANGEL + WELCOME TO DEATHROW

I know there are some 2Pac fans in here. For those of u who wanted 2 see the 1997 documentary Thug Angel, K-Mart has it in their electronic section for $4.99. I got the VHS when it 1st came out. For big 2Pac fans, u'll find it interesting...4 others, don't bother. It's an hour and half of mostly interviews from Bay area people from the Hip-Hop scene but it also has some Suge interviews AND some bonus footage of 2pac here and there.

For those of u who like the early Deathrow era, they also have a DVD called Welcome To Deathrow that features the inside story about Deathrow Records came 2 be. At times it's a lil' slow, but it's interesting hearing the story from the mouths of former artists and the people behind it. It has lots footage of the artists working behind the scenes. It's also priced at $4.99. I only got half way thru' cuz mine started skipping (going 2 exchange it 2morrow).

I thought the Thug Angel was bomb. I seen "Welcome 2 Deathrow" on BET Starz on day.

Thug Angel '97? Possibly it was created in 97. But it was released in 2002. Suge wasn't really included on Thug Angel. THug Angel was also on VH1 as Tupac: Driven.

When I purchased mine, I got the 2 disc set, the soundtrack, and Michael Dyson's book 'Holla If Ya Hear Me: Searching for Tupac' in one box set.

2 me, all of those unathorized 2Pac documentaries are made strictly for 2Pac fans...otherwise, they are crap. As a 2Pac fan, i know they suck, but those moments with him speaking (unless he's really high and/or drunk) are usually very introspective. Thug Angel is the best unathorized 2Pac documentary. The others are just 4 his true fans. Nobody else would be able 2 bare watching them the whole way thru'....ha ha.