Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

top 1000 rap albums

Hero1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
[quote=DevilsJim89,Aug 22 2004, 10:37 AM]I think that list is alright, I always think that "Big Willie Style" is a contender for the best rap album of all-time. but thats just me. I love that album so much.

Nice to see Code Red and all that get some mad respect but Code Red was certified Gold in 1994 which is over 500,000 so those numbers are a lil off.[/quote]
code red shipped gold.. but it only sold 300, 000 in stores

• Admin
have you checked the first post in this topic? i just gave u all the links.. thats the only place ive ever seen soundscan numbers..and that site had 2 be taken down..soundscan are very protective of their numbers...

• Admin
[quote=DevilsJim89,Aug 22 2004, 09:18 PM]yeah but i was lookin' if there was a more updated site...

why is soundscan very protective of their numbers?[/quote]
no idea..but no you cant get em anywhere..

• Admin
[quote=lambertj3,Aug 23 2004, 03:27 AM]u can't go gold selling only 220,000 will's born to reign sold 500,000 or better[/quote]
theres a differing between shipping 500, 000 as in the record label selling 500, 000 to the stores and people actually buying them.. on willsmith.com they say born 2 reign is certified gold by the riaa.. but it still only sold 220, 000 according to soundscan.. willennium shipped triple platinum..but only sold 2.2 million by soundscans numbers