JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Wyclef Jean Goes Back To "The Carnival"

bigted

Wyclef Jean Goes Back To "The Carnival," Links With T.I., Akon & Lil' Wayne

Friday - August 31, 2007 by Anthony Roberts

Founding Fugees member Wyclef Jean has returned to his former recording home Columbia Records and is putting the finishing touches on his fifth solo LP The Carnival II: Memoirs Of An Immigrant.

The album, which is Clef's fifth solo set, is slated for a fall release and will be his first full-length album for the label since 2002's Masquerade. The disc's first single, "Sweetest Girl (Dollar Bill)" featuring Akon, Lil' Wayne and Niia, was released earlier this month and has been gaining momentum for the album which Clef calls "a continuation of 'Gone 'Til November.'"

"I focus a lot on the songwriting," said Clef via a statement, who also produced the entire new album alongside long-time partner and cousin, Jerry "Wonda" Duplessis. In addition to a healthy dose of Clef's production, the album will also feature a diverse list of collaborators including Paul Simon , Mary J. Blige, T.I., Norah Jones, Akon, Serj Tankian ( System Of A Down), Lil' Wayne, and Shakira, among others.

As SOHH previously reported, T.I. will be executing producing the upcoming project.

"It was definitely an honor," T.I. told SOHH. "I'm pleased to be involved. The album is outrageous. It's out of here. It's better than the last one. I think it's more of an infusion of one side of the urban market and the worldly market."

No release date for The Carnival II: Memoirs Of An Immigrant was given at press time.