JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Newish Song by Da Brakes!!

Da Brakes

I thought i'd put a song that I had done AGES ago and more or less forgot about!! Now its not Hip Hop, its more garage! My friend JC (responsible for the production on 'Make Noise!' and 'Understand') remixed Mario Winans 'I Don't Wanna Know'. He asked me to spit a verse over it and so I did! Let me know wha y'all think!

[url="http://www.dabrakes.com/Music.htm"]I Don't Wanna Know - Mario Winans feat Da Brakes[/url]

:music: Edited by Da Brakes

Damn that's dope, sounds like a club banger to me, you're doing your thing! :bowdown: :dj:

Guest Prince
Ah something I can chill to... Dope production and nice verse man! My only point is that your verse is louder than the rest of the song. Although I don't know if you can change this now... It probably doesn't matter, just me haha :dunno:

Edit: I like how you have everything on your site now man! Edited by Prince

I was wondering when U was gonna promote this song. I just went ahead and downloaded it (4 promotional use only; oh and 2 entertain myself). I liked it. It is something different. But when I heard the beat, I was thinking...

'Ok the brakes raps fast as it is. if the beat is this fast, he might kill himself' lol. But I liked it.

p.s. I also liked ya "Those That Can't Rap, MC" (the beat is tight. I haven't heard Canibus, but I got feel of ya deliver sounding like him); and ya "Intro"

Guest Prince
[quote=Daedalus Mortality,Aug 19 2004, 05:39 PM]btw. did those sosolid crew guys respond?[/quote]
So Solid Crew are a mainstream group which I personally don't like... If there weren't so many of them, and if I could bring myself to do it; I would say something to them!

And unlikely they heard it I think, since Brakes needs more exposure to the industry. Edited by Prince