JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS BONUS FEATURES

JumpinJack AJ

I just watched all of the bonus features for The Pursuit of Happyness and i must say that did it right (not 2 long...but not short).

MAKING PURSUIT: AN ITALIAN TAKE ON THE AMERICAN DREAM: This featurette focuses mainly on the director. How FP watched 2 of his movies a few years ago and handpicked him for the movie becuz of the moods he created in the movies he had seen. FP and The Hammer J.L. say that they knew he waz the guy when he said during a meeting that "the American Dream isn't fully understood by Americans, but by people who struggle outside of America. They also talk about the struggle of directing when u barely know english...ha ha. FP, along with the rest of the cast have alot of good interview bits in the featurette. It also gives crazy props 2 FP, talks about Jaden, the set, and Chris Gardner.

FATHER AND SON: ON SCREEN AND OFF: This featurette talks about the 'Prince working with his son and their relationship. It talks about the risk of casting Jaden and how he truely waz the best choice 2 play Christopher.

THE MAN BEHIND THE MOVIE: A CONVERSATION WITH CHRIS GARDNER: This featurette focuses the man himself. It opens with FP talking about him on the set of the movie (on FP's b-day). I points out how so much of the movie waz pulled from real life and that the guy who crosses paths with FP and Jaden in that last shot is Chris himself.

INSIDE THE RUBIK'S CUBE: THis featurette talks about the Rubik's Cube, how it waz created and it's history and ties it in2 the movie.

"I CAN" SONG: This is an audio-only feature. It's a song by Be Be Winans and Dave Koz. It's a beautiful inspirational song. I will buy the soundtrack if this song is on the soundtrack.

DELUXE EDITION - !!!TARGET EXCLUSIVE!!!

THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS - JOURNEY INTO THE AMERICAN DREAM: This hour-long featurette covers much of the stuff already talked about in the regular special features, but takes the info much further and much deeper. There are a few bits that are taken from the regular special features, but don't make that a reason 2 NOT get the Deluxe Edition with this bonus feature. It's loaded with FP interviews as well as interviews from the rest of the cast. It talks about the casting, the set and on-location shooting, Chris Gardner, the music, etc.

DELUXE EDITION - !!!TARGET EXCLUSIVE!!!

THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS: BOOK ON (MP3) CD

I haven't popped this in the computer yet, but it obiously, this is the reading of the book that the movie is based on.

The Target Deluxe Edition is definitely what most fans will wanna get if u remotely like this movie. POH is flying off the shelves. While i waz in various stores today, i watched customer after customer picking up POH (and Happy Feet). I got kinda upset becuz i thought they had sold out when i 1st got there, but found one after some serious digging (the new release section waz totally sold out, i had 2 find it mixed in with all the other stuff, and most of those had already been sold.

Alright, if u go 2 Wal-Mart, u can get the movie with a bonus CD with music "inspired by" The Pursuit of Happyness. Of course, all of these songs came out decades before the movie, so the whole "inspired by" tag is kinda funny. It's a nice mix of R-N-B and Soul songs. Here's the tracklisting.

1. Ooh CHild (The Five Stairsteps)

2. Stop To Love (Luther Vandross)

3. You're A Friend of Mine (Clarence Clemons + Jackson Brown)

4. Shining Star (Earth, Wind, + Fire)

5. It's Your Thing (The Isley Brothers)

6. Look For The Silver Lining (Aretha Franklin)

7. Time Has Come Today (The Chambers Brothers)

8. Gonna Be Strong (The Intruders)

If u are interested in getting this bonus CD, u wanna pick it up. No later than a week or 2. Since it's a Wal-Mart exclusive and a limited edition, they'll be gone soon. I'm pretty sure the price for the DVD+CD combo is $19.98 (the same price as just the DVD).