JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

old code red review

Hero1

• Admin

JAZZY JEFF AND THE FRESH PRINCE, CODE RED, (Jive) THESE rappers show flair, hot riffs and annoying inconsistency. What might have been a substantial and comparatively mellow album is marred by a sort of musical landfill to bulk out the good songs. Why this striving for quantity rather than a solid, but abbreviated CD? Who knows, but such questions don't seem to preoccupy Jazzy and Fresh, as the single, `Boom! Shake the Room!', illustrates. A vacuous ditty, it has some charm with an interesting bassline, but it's hardly one for philosophers. But Jazzy and Fresh reveal true splendor with fabulous vocals reminiscent of the Disposable Heroes on `Can't Wait to Be with You', a rich soul number with nifty guitar, and `Just Kickin' It', a moodier, but just as worthy, work. Things are not so well-crafted on `Twinkle Twinkle (I'm Not a Star)', a dreary and very irritating mutation of all the other mutations of the playfully innocent work by Mozart.

from an ozzie paper

That was pretty ridiculous...not just because I'm a fan...but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that Code Red was a very complete album! And the track he critisized most "Twinke Twinkle" was near perfection...and to further prove that this guy doesn't know what he is talking about he refers to JJFP as "these rappers" when if you listen to the music with as least a little attention you will most probably realize that Jeff doesn't rap.

Listen 2 the beat. The beat alone is flawless, but then u have FP droppin' lyrics that go against what every other rapper says. Instead of bragging about being all that, he's saying he's down 2 earth, reguardless of the success in music, TV, and movies. The concept and lyrics are great. And his flow is straight and 2 the point. Then u got Jazzy on the catchy hook.

For someone who loves a rapper who likes 2 poorly sing on half of his songs, i can't see why u would think this song is "cute" and for "children."

Listen 2 the beat. The beat alone is flawless, but then u have FP droppin' lyrics that go against what every other rapper says. Instead of bragging about being all that, he's saying he's down 2 earth, reguardless of the success in music, TV, and movies. The concept and lyrics are great. And his flow is straight and 2 the point. Then u got Jazzy on the catchy hook.

For someone who loves a rapper who likes 2 poorly sing on half of his songs, i can't see why u would think this song is "cute" and for "children."

Definitely the same reasons why I think that song is great and still sounds fresh to this day. Couldn't have said it better AJ :thumbsup:

Edited by bart5

• Admin

Twinkle, Twinkle.. I'm sorry, I never understood what ya'll like about that track so much. Sure, the message is cute.. But the song as a whole comes over as a song for lil children, about 7 years old.

:3-laugh3: :3-laugh3: :3-laugh3: :3-laugh3: Did he just diss my favorite JJFP track ever .. perfect :4-only1ha: