JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New possible film

Radewart

here more about this film..found it on yahoo.com

Will Smith cooks up another redemption saga

Wednesday March 7 5:16 AM ET

Emboldened by his acclaimed box office hit "The Pursuit of Happyness," Will Smith will revisit the rags-to-redemption motif.

He will produce a movie based on Jeff Henderson's drug dealer-turned-star chef memoir "Cooked: From the Streets to the Stove, From Cocaine to Foie Gras," which was optioned by Columbia Pictures. It is not yet clear if Smith will also star.

"Cooked" chronicles the transformation of Henderson -- a.k.a. Chef Jeff -- from ex-con to executive chef at the Cafe Bellagio in Las Vegas. He learned the art of gourmet cooking while serving a prison sentence for dealing crack cocaine.

"Cooked" was published February 20 by William Morrow.

Smith will produce with James Lassiter, his production partner in Overbrook Entertainment, and with Todd Black and Jason Blumenthal of production company Escape Artists. The quartet also produced "Happyness," which earned Smith a best actor Oscar nomination and has grossed nearly $288 million worldwide. Columbia also distributed that film.

Lassiter praised Henderson as "truly inspiring." He added, "After meeting him, I knew we had to turn his story into a movie."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Here's some more news:

WILL SMITH is in negotiations for another gritty real-life role - as a convicted drug dealer who turns his life around to become a top chef. Movie bosses at Columbia have picked up the film rights to Las Vegas chef JEFF HENDERSON's memoir COOKED as a project for Smith's Overbrook Entertainment. Smith is slated to star as Henderson, a one-time San Diego, California, cocaine dealer who discovered a passion for cooking in prison. Now the Executive Chef at the Bellagio in Las Vegas, Henderson had to convince Los Angeles area restaurant owners he would be a trustworthy and worthwhile addition to their kitchen teams upon his release from prison. Smith, who started his film career with a series of comedic roles, has been selecting heavier fare of late. He was Oscar nominated for his role in THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS, in which he played CHRIS GARDNER, a real-life single father who went from being homeless to running a high-profile stocks company.

I really like the sound of this movie. I hope that we get to see Will play a "not so nice guy", since he is a drug dealer and in prison I dont think that it going to be a "Chris Gardener Character", I hope for a DEnzel in trainingday role for will, but we'll se...