Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Which Song Do You Like Better - Hip Hop Died

bart5

Hip Hop Died  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which Song Do You Like Better?

• Skillz - Hip Hop Died
    • Nas - Hip Hop Died

Skillz easy... Nas re-used the sample he had for Thief's Theme, and to me, that brough the originality of the songs sound out of contention. Nas' wordplay is better, but Skillz' presence, straight to the point lyrics and original beat got it for me.

and on a sidenote: Nas's cd, to me, is over-rated and being seen as this classic album just because he's making a statement with the Title. His songs on the cd are very average. His lyrics will always be there but the song quality overall is very basic to me. I was very dissapointed when i heard that cd and NO im not buying it. I love Nas but he could have came much stronger especially with this much anticipation building it up. Heres the flipside... it will get good reviews and be seen as a great album but thats because its better than whats being released at the moment.

Edited by DaAce

and on a sidenote: Nas's cd, to me, is over-rated and being seen as this classic album just because he's making a statement with the Title. His songs on the cd are very average. His lyrics will always be there but the song quality overall is very basic to me. I was very dissapointed when i heard that cd.

Same here. I still bought it tho, caus I was in to much hurry to check it out. Girls aint nothing but trouble I tell you.

Skillz easy... Nas re-used the sample he had for Thief's Theme, and to me, that brough the originality of the songs sound out of contention. Nas' wordplay is better, but Skillz' presence, straight to the point lyrics and original beat got it for me.

and on a sidenote: Nas's cd, to me, is over-rated and being seen as this classic album just because he's making a statement with the Title. His songs on the cd are very average. His lyrics will always be there but the song quality overall is very basic to me. I was very dissapointed when i heard that cd and NO im not buying it. I love Nas but he could have came much stronger especially with this much anticipation building it up. Heres the flipside... it will get good reviews and be seen as a great album but thats because its better than whats being released at the moment.

have to disagre.

i think in every way, nas' song is better. and his cd, IMO, could have come out at any time within the last 10 years and I'd still say it'd be beating the competition