JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Fresh Prince who would be king

Hero1

• Admin

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/entertainment/16202518.htm

This is a really annoying writer..who basically bags everything Will has done previously. If Will starts making movies for guys like this he's in trouble.. You can read the article though..theres some good quotes from Will.. like this

"I'm doing another movie now in New York (I Am Legend, directed by Constantine's Francis Lawrence)," Smith explains. "And it's the first time in my life I've ever noticed this. But when people see me, they smile. I've been with a lot of actors and basketball players and famous, famous people -- and the way that people smile when they look at me is different. ... What that feeling does for my heart, I wouldn't trade that for anything."

That's a pretty good article IMO...

MIB2 wasn't the best movie, and though I liked it (Why you put them rats in my locker, K?), I can understand why others didn't. Not everyone's going to like all of Will's movies and that's why it's important that he diversify his roles, not so much to get people to like him, but so that he can get rid of some of the bias that many of these critics have. When someone like Will Smith comes into a role like Gardner's in Pursuit of Happyness, there are generally only two reactions... both extremes. "Wow, I didn't know he could act like that. Didn't know he was that great an actor." Or... "Wow, that was an awful performance. He should stick to what he's good at, making blockbusters." This is because some people will be impressed, not expecting what they see of Will's acting but having watched the movie with an open mind. The other response comes from people who have preconceptions about Will and they spend the movie looking for things to criticize, having determined before the movie even starts that Will is a poor actor and that he will do a poor job. The movie watching experience then only becomes a practice in searching for evidence to back up preconceived notions.